Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hondas are famous for the plastic bushings on the wiper transmission links to be broken or not installed correctly. Cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Strongly recommend silicone wipers instead of rubber. They last 2x as long and wipe very smoothly. I have PIAAs but there are probably other brands. Most local shops don’t carry them because they don’t wear out, so it hurts their business.

For the jerking, give the windshield a really good cleaning. There are some YouTube videos on getting a really good clean. Don’t forget to clean the wiper blades themselves to get the grit out of there.

You can also use rainx as others have said, but believe it or not you can also use car wax on the glass. I’m trying out NuFinish (technically not a wax) right now and so far it’s working pretty well. Just don’t get any on the gasket.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got a brand new 2018 crv two years ago.
Windshield wiper jerks when the rain is light.

Too lazy to do anything, Now two years later, it still jerks.

Anyone has the similar problem and know how to fix?

Thanks!
I also have a 2018 and the wipers tend to jerk when there is wax build up on the glass.......usually from car wash liquid wax rinses (which is why I never go to a car wash....clean my car at home). I have found that using Rain-X glass protector can help. Other than that, installing new blades is the only other option.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, the wiper blade lengths are an issue. Never had this problem with my older cars that had two 18" blades, but get a car with one 28" blade and one 13" blade and guess what, the long one chatters before the short one does. Especially when you have a windshield with very light drizzle on it (not enough lubrication from the water). If you actually have washer fluid in the reservoir instead of just plain water, you'll notice that the chatter goes away if you spray the washer while running the wipers. Back in the day when both blades were identical in size or close to each other in size, never had that issue.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts