Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the wife a new 2019 EX-L and need some all weather protection. I have always had Husky in my trucks. Can anyone tell me how the Factory all weather mats compare. I have found them for less than Husky and Weathertech.

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
8,034 Posts
FWIW, my daughter had factory Honda rubber mats and cargo liner in her '07 Fit. The driver's mat tore at the retainer hooks within 4 years.

She bought Husky mats when she moved up to an HR-V.

++++++++++

Anytime you are looking for parts or services, consider shipping (and any other extra charges).

The online Honda dealers offer discounts, but that is offset by shipping & handling. Print out the online prices and see if a local dealer will match...you might get SOMETHING off.

Bernardi, Hondapartscheap, Hondapartsdeals

·
Registered
98 Posts
We had the Honda OEM all-weather mats quite a few years ago on our 05 CRV and they started looking bad after a couple years (edges curled) and after a bit, just replaced with normal mats. I recently got an HRV and bought Husky all weather but haven't had them long enough to give you a proper evaluation, but I will say that buying the Husky on Amazon was drastically cheaper than buying direct from Husky. I also like the general quality look of the Husky's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The factory all weather mats don’t provide good coverage. The after markets like Husky and WeatherTech are floorliners which go up the sides and provide a tray for water, dirt, snow etc to collect.

With mats the slush and water will spill over into your carpets while the floorliners will keep everything in.

My father, sister, brother and myself all have WeatherTech or Husky and they have been great. The dealers usually throw in the all weather OEM ones but we end up buying the aftermarket ones as they are superior. We live in Toronto where we get snow so that factors into our decision. If you don’t get a lot of snow then the OEM mats might be enough for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, but I had to go with what I know. I have used Husky Liners in my trucks for as long as they have been around. I ordered a new set of Weatherbeaters for her CRV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts