Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 EX-L AWD. I was down to deciding between the 2019 AWD and the 2020 FWD (both very similarly priced on the offers I had). I decided on the 2019 because 1) didn’t have interior color I wanted in stock on the 2020, 2) 2020 had a strange shudder on test drive, 3) didn’t like that you have to turn the auto start/stop off every time you start the car, and 4)wanted the AWD for improved safety (even in SC).

After seeing all of the comments about oil dilution issues in the 2017/2018, I’m second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gone with the 2020 (further from the issue).

Also debating purchasing Honda Care. I declined all of the dealer sponsored plans. I also am not sure I want to have my new car serviced at my local dealer (haven’t had great experienced in the last).
Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats!

I got my 2019 EX FWD just 2 weeks ago. Love it!

My main reason for going with the 2019 was a much bigger discount. Also to avoid the stop-start feature.

BTW, try the "Econ" mode. That's when I experienced an occasional minor shudder/jerkiness during my test drive, especially during light throttle tip-in (stop-and-go traffic). I believe it's the same for 2019 and 2020. Also, power delivery seems smoother with Econ off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!

My main reason for going with the 2019 was a much bigger discount. Also to avoid the stop-start feature.

BTW, try the "Econ" mode. That's when I experienced an occasional minor shudder/jerkiness during my test drive, especially during light throttle tip-in (stop-and-go traffic). I believe it's the same for 2019 and 2020. Also, power delivery seems smoother with Econ off.
The shudder was in the 2020, I ended up buying the 2019. Been driving with both Econ on and off. Luckily no shudder, just obvious drop in power accelerating.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Congrats!

There is no reason to ever be in Econ mode. There is no substantial gas savings and the power difference is big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts