Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much searching this board and the Internet, I can't find answers for my problem. Vehicle is 2019 CR-V Touring (Display Audio)

I just now set up Bluetooth for my iPhone SE (2020). This is the only phone that I have tried to set up. All appears to set up properly, but when i can a number, I can not hear the other party. I have been through all of the settings and have tried anything that looks even remotely applicable to my problem.

Anybody been through this and have a solution? For now I need to disable the Bluetooth so I can talk if I get an incoming call.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
474 Posts
Are you starting the call on your phone or using the Display Audio screen? I think a message shows up on your phone asking you where you want the audio to come out of but I’m not sure as I use CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring AWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solution: What I found out is that my problem is that I was trying out the Bluetooth while calling home while there was noone there, just the answering machine. The Bluetooth doesn't like the answering machine, at all. When I call and a real person answers, it works fine. Problem solved. Now I need to set the volume down in all the settings in the Honda! (And if I call someone with a land based (wired) answering machine and I hear nothing, hang up).

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
The Bluetooth doesn't like the answering machine, at all.
Seems like a really odd thing for it to get worked up about and refuse to interact with. :eek: I wonder if the phone you have paired is so smart it has detected a code of some sort on the line that it is not a live person answering. Maybe it thought the answering machine was a bot... LOL. There are a lot of digital coding embedded with calls these days so it could be something like that.. especially with the more advanced features in land lines and answering machines that allow you to detect callers and block specific numbers.

Glad to hear you solved the problem though. :)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Moving to Mobile Electronics. Wow, they still have answering machines? They still have landlines? I left all that behind years ago. Haven't run across anyone with one in over ten years. It is surprising to learn this, though. I do have one friend who has a landline, but his has voicemail. My android phone has had no issues with that. Interesting stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts