Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I purchased a 2019 Honda CR-V EX AWD on 11/11/2019 with 177 miles. The dealer stated the milage was due to test drivers and transporting vehicle back and forth from their garage thats a little distance from the dealership. I said okay to that. My concern is the oil life was 100% when i drove off from the dealership. As of today i have drove 179 miles and the oil life says 80%. I am no mechanic and have had two honda accords in the last 4 years and i dont recall oil life decreasing that fast within 200 miles. The car drives fine but im not understanding how the oil life drops 20 percent in less than 200 miles. Is this normal? Also is this model under recall like some others for oil dissolution? Anybody have any issues with 2019 cr-v ?

Registered
I guess people only answer certain questions 馃槬
Your questions cannot really be answered, so I'm not sure what you were expecting.

You have listed a specific issue, which can really only be evaluated by the dealer.. so take back to the dealer and ask them for an evaluation as to cause.

Then you ask a very generic and open ended question: "Anybody have any issues with 2019 cr-v?" which cannot actually be answered in the context of your actual issue.

And.. for good measure.. you popped the OD topic.. and we have an entire long running thread for this topic and mods have asked that we only discuss OD in that thread --> https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/oil-dilution-and-associated-matters-master-thread.195127/page-129#post-1588388

Registered
Hi I purchased a 2019 Honda CR-V EX AWD on 11/11/2019 with 177 miles. The dealer stated the milage was due to test drivers and transporting vehicle back and forth from their garage thats a little distance from the dealership. I said okay to that. My concern is the oil life was 100% when i drove off from the dealership. As of today i have drove 179 miles and the oil life says 80%. I am no mechanic and have had two honda accords in the last 4 years and i dont recall oil life decreasing that fast within 200 miles. The car drives fine but im not understanding how the oil life drops 20 percent in less than 200 miles. Is this normal? Also is this model under recall like some others for oil dissolution? Anybody have any issues with 2019 cr-v ?
can you tell me what the dealer tells u if u check with them? i got mine with 42 miles, drove 600 miles and went 90% oil life.. cant tell if thats normal

Registered
Not sure on Honda, not enough time in mine to know, but if you had a Chevy Silverado, oil life also factors in TIME NOT DRIVEN. I was told by GM and dealer that oil loses its properties over time, so they factor that in. So, the oil has been in the ground "HOW LONG"? Sure hope Honda isn't going this way because I'll need an oil change when I get back from Florida in the spring!

Registered
Folks need to keep in mind that the gen5 MM has a time factor calculation in it as well.

If the vehicle you purchased was sitting on the lot for say.. 2 months.. once you start driving and the MM completes it's periodic calcluations.. it will decrement oil life by ~ 20% just for time passed.

This is because you are required to change the oil once a year, regardless of miles. Older MM on Hondas left keeping track of this to the owner, but the newer MM actually keep tabs for you.

So.. you could say.. purchase a CRV that is 60 days out of the factory.. and then drive it some modest miles and the MM will ding the oil life due to age.. rather then actual wear from the engine runnning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts