Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my A129 installed via hardwire kit for the past year but have been having problems with it starting with the car. About 40% of the time the camera does not start up when the car is started. It always turns off though. The camera can be started when the car is off. The ACC wire is connected to the interior fuse 5 which is just listed as 'Option' in the manual. It was my best guess for a fuse that was strictly on when the car was on.

I wanted to know what the best fuse for the ACC wire would be or what fuse other people are using that works? I'm wondering if fuse 5 just has weird behavior before I replace the hardwired kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have been doing a lot of investigation into this and I think what is happening is when starting the car the voltage on the BATT wire is dropping below the cutoff. Which would line up with this happening when the car is sitting for a couple days. Yesterday when I started the car the voltage on the BATT wire was 12.06v. When starting the car, I saw it drop to 9volts briefly on my multimeter. The camera did not start. This also made me realize that I leave my lights on Auto so sometime the lights would be on when starting the car probably making it more likely to happen. The case I listed above I had the lights off actually.

The next few starts it worked but the battery was charged up a bit more, reading 12.40 volts before starting.

So the question becomes, is my battery bad? That would explain why it seemed to get worse over time. Other than the camera the car always starts fine, never had an issue. The car is only 1 year old. Maybe it's a bad design of the hardwire kit not accounting for a brief voltage drop on start and shutting off to soon. Not sure what to do at this point to fix this? I can try getting the best battery I can and see if it will help but I would expect over time this may happen again as the battery ages.

Has anyone else run into the problem before?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts