Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's in the System/Vehicle screen when you have an EX or above, don't see it in the LX list of customizeable features, or that it has the feature. Call your dealer, I guess. The manual says it's disabled by default.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's not hard to guess why is it? I know when my Honda civic did that I almost went bazooka as I couldn't remember if I left the keys on the seat or not, before I got out.

It's a safety thing that could have an unintended consequence.

I've never disabled mine, but I won't even get out to pump gas without being sure the keys are in my pocket... ever, ever ever. I know if you leave the keys in the ignition it shouldn't lock... but I just don't trust it, not with the huge inconvenience being locked out of your vehicle can cause.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It's not hard to guess why is it? I know when my Honda civic did that I almost went bazooka as I couldn't remember if I left the keys on the seat or not, before I got out.

It's a safety thing that could have an unintended consequence.

I've never disabled mine, but I won't even get out to pump gas without being sure the keys are in my pocket... ever, ever ever. I know if you leave the keys in the ignition it shouldn't lock... but I just don't trust it, not with the huge inconvenience being locked out of your vehicle can cause.
Hondas won't walk away lock, or any other form of electronic lock if it detects the keys inside the cabin.

As to the original posters request: Does an LX trim even have this feature??

Simple instructions to turn this feature on OR off is in the owners manual. And... youtube is your friend.. if you cannot be bothered to read the manual. 5 second google search popped this to the top of the results:
I was not aware that this feature existed in the LX Trim. If so.. it has a different user interface though because different head unit ... but probably works essentially the same (ie: you navigate to the same exact place in vehicle settings, etc. etc.)

good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2019 CR-V will not lock if my fob is in the car and I walk away as long as my wife doesn't walk away with the 2nd fob. Of course if that happens she can unlock the car and I can retrieve my fob. If she's not with me there's no problem.
But then I try to always keep the fob in my pocket as I don't usually have any reason to have it out other than to remote start the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hondas won't walk away lock, or any other form of electronic lock if it detects the keys inside the cabin.

good luck
My Civic was a 2009. Maybe things have changed since then, But I still don't trust it. So I always take the keys with me no matter what.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Touring Trim... keyless entry system.... ie: the keyfob and the CRV interact when I put my hand on the door handle, or when I push the lock button on the door handle.

I never use the fob to remote unlock the vehicle as I approach it.... too much chance of a hacker in the vicinity sniffing out the unlock codes. Hand touch lock and unlock and the CRV and keyfob only interact at very low power and a hence signal distances are in feet, not tens of meters.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I watched the video above and I actually like this feature. I was not aware that it was there. It's not turned on in my '19 EX but I will turn it on to see how it out works for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Touring Trim... keyless entry system.... ie: the keyfob and the CRV interact when I put my hand on the door handle, or when I push the lock button on the door handle.

I never use the fob to remote unlock the vehicle as I approach it.... too much chance of a hacker in the vicinity sniffing out the unlock codes. Hand touch lock and unlock and the CRV and keyfob only interact at very low power and a hence signal distances are in feet, not tens of meters.
I do the same thing. Very convenient feature!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer showed me how to enable it before driving off the lot. My advice is call your dealer. They dropped the ball.

with that said, I also have a 2019 and find the feature extremely useful. I walk away. Car locks itself. It’s very not-annoying to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I'd like the walk away lock feature, but then I realized that it would lock itself in the garage. I often go into the garage with something to put in the car without grabbing my fob first. So I make sure the doors are unlocked when I park in the garage. I use the three lines on the door to lock it (in a parking lot) and love the just touch the handle to unlock it. The fob stays in my pocket when I'm out and about. It was easy to access the feature through the touch screen. The manual tells how.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts