Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 15 EX and as far as I can determine the walk away feature is not available.

If I am incorrect please let me know how to enable it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, you win. I'm out.
OK, you win. I'm out.
LOL. Yeah Snake Charmer's response was a bit odd, but I would like to know. As for me, I have an issue with my 2019 CR-V when I walk away and get a series of beeps. Not always, but often. I can't figure it out or see a pattern. Someone told me it was when I leave the keys in the car or something similar, but that is not the case. Trying to figure out how to solve this annoying problem. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
LOL. Yeah Snake Charmer's response was a bit odd, but I would like to know. As for me, I have an issue with my 2019 CR-V when I walk away and get a series of beeps. Not always, but often. I can't figure it out or see a pattern. Someone told me it was when I leave the keys in the car or something similar, but that is not the case. Trying to figure out how to solve this annoying problem. Any help appreciated.
Mine beeps rapidly for a few seconds if I get out the car with the engine running while the fob is in my pocket and I walk so many feet away. It's basically saying "Yo buddy, you forgot to turn my engine off".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine beeps rapidly for a few seconds if I get out the car with the engine running while the fob is in my pocket and I walk so many feet away. It's basically saying "Yo buddy, you forgot to turn my engine off".
OK, I get that. But in my case, the car is not running, no doors are open or ajar. So I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This was one of my favorite features, although as mentioned, it can be a hassle if you want get the in car at home when it doesn't really need to locked and you don't have the fob with you.

If you walk away too quickly it may not lock. If this happens it will beep several times to inform you it didn't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL. Yeah Snake Charmer's response was a bit odd, but I would like to know. As for me, I have an issue with my 2019 CR-V when I walk away and get a series of beeps.
Judy, when that has happened to me, it has been because I somehow turned the headlight setting on the left shaft from automatic to "on." You might check that.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Heh.. so a couple things as a result of this discussion thread.

1) I think we have more than confirmed that the LX DOES NOT have this feature, which brings the question of.. what the hell was the original poster thinking with this drive by rant thread.

2) The original poster joined the forum in 2012, posted once in 2012, then nothing until this new thread. Based on a very limited pattern here... we can probably expect the next rant post in oh.. about 2028. The big question mark being.. will it too be a rant about a feature that does not even exist on the vehicle in question? :p Time will tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Judy, when that has happened to me, it has been because I somehow turned the headlight setting on the left shaft from automatic to "on." You might check that.
Thank you. I will try to note that. Usually if I try to leave the car with the headlights on, there is another sound (not same as previously described)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Thank you. I will try to note that. Usually if I try to leave the car with the headlights on, there is another sound (not same as previously described)
True.. headlights left on gives a repeating inside the cabin chime as soon as you open the door. I imagine, but have never tested it.. that if you do not hear it, or ignore it, close the door, and walk away.. the CRV will give off some form of exterior sound alert.

Thing is.. gen5 CRVs have a whole host of sound based alerts (both interior and exterior) in them.. all designed to alert drivers to something "not normal" that needs to be addressed or at least known about. It does take some time to read through the huge manual and find out what they all are. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heh.. so a couple things as a result of this discussion thread.

1) I think we have more than confirmed that the LX DOES NOT have this feature, which brings the question of.. what the hell was the original poster thinking with this drive by rant thread.

2) The original poster joined the forum in 2012, posted once in 2012, then nothing until this new thread. Based on a very limited pattern here... we can probably expect the next rant post in oh.. about 2028. The big question mark being.. will it too be a rant about a feature that does not even exist on the vehicle in question? :p Time will tell.
True, the LX reference was confusing. But, not sure how there would be a correlation between frequency of posts and their validity.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts