Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am not positive on Honda, but on some cars you can stick a needle or pin into the hold and tweak accordingly.

·
Registered
'99 C-RV EX
17 Posts
I saw some posts that say the dealer claims the rear sprayer isn’t adjustable. That’s a lie. I just fixed it on my ‘18 (it was pretty much spraying straight down and barely catching the edge of the wiper). I used the tip of the file blade on my pocket knife (didn’t want to stick a sharp knife blade up in there!) to move it. A small standard screwdriver tip would probably work too.
The sprayer doesn’t take much pressure to move. You just have to do a little trial and error to get it where it works best for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I had the service manager look at mine and he said it was not adjustable. I will look more closely at mine. The 2019 appears identical to the 2018, so they should be the same. Mine sprays to the outside of the wipe area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw some posts that say the dealer claims the rear sprayer isn’t adjustable. That’s a lie. I just fixed it on my ‘18 (it was pretty much spraying straight down and barely catching the edge of the wiper). I used the tip of the file blade on my pocket knife (didn’t want to stick a sharp knife blade up in there!) to move it. A small standard screwdriver tip would probably work too.
The sprayer doesn’t take much pressure to move. You just have to do a little trial and error to get it where it works best for you.
I will give it a look. I had emailed a Honda dealership and Honda Customer Service and both said it is not adjustable. I am hoping my 19 is the same as your 18. It would be so stupid to not be adjustable in some way.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Sport
5 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear sprayer is adjustable on a 2020? My back sprayer currently hits the top passenger side back window corner which I thought surely is not where it should be spraying! Adjusting it to spray centre-ish would be much better.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,187 Posts
Does anyone know if the rear sprayer is adjustable on a 2020? My back sprayer currently hits the top passenger side back window corner which I thought surely is not where it should be spraying! Adjusting it to spray centre-ish would be much better.
You could try using a needle or something??

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,187 Posts
The rear nozzle appears fixed with no way to adjust except bending its mounting bracket. How lame is that?
Yes nozzle is fixed, but usually, the eye-hole where the spray ejects from is rubber, so you should be able to get a needle in there and try to re-direct the angle.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,187 Posts
Well I don't think so, but I will try what you say. It looks to me that the nozzle is an all one piece plastic unit.
Obviously difficult for me to see without a picture and from this side of the pond :)

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
thought i try to help but for the life of me I do not see my nozzle LOL

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,202 Posts
I would show the dealer, perhaps the nozzle was made defective and will be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I talked to the service manager and he was not any help. I even wrote to Honda and they seemed disinterested in giving me a satisfactory answer. I see no way to adjust the nozzle. I wish it had that little ball with the hole in to adjust like the front ones do.

Here is the answer from Honda Customer Service: Thank you for your correspondence. We apologize for any miscommunication and the inconvenience this has caused you. As previously advised your inquiry was internally reviewed and it was confirmed the rear windshield nozzle is not adjustable. If you believe there is a defect with the nozzle on your vehicle, we recommend having your vehicle inspected by a Honda Dealership.

I am soon taking it in for an oil change, so I guess I will pester them again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
guess when I put my finger to the left that was what I felt Lol.

Reactions: chzuck

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,202 Posts
I talked to the service manager and he was not any help. I even wrote to Honda and they seemed disinterested in giving me a satisfactory answer. I see no way to adjust the nozzle. I wish it had that little ball with the hole in to adjust like the front ones do.

Here is the answer from Honda Customer Service: Thank you for your correspondence. We apologize for any miscommunication and the inconvenience this has caused you. As previously advised your inquiry was internally reviewed and it was confirmed the rear windshield nozzle is not adjustable. If you believe there is a defect with the nozzle on your vehicle, we recommend having your vehicle inspected by a Honda Dealership.

I am soon taking it in for an oil change, so I guess I will pester them again.
I wonder if you tried to use an old toothbrush and some vinegar? Maybe it is only clogged?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.