Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 CRV.. 24k miles. The AC discharge temp was struggling to maintain, when the outside temp was above 85F. The cabin air filter was plug with shredded paper particles. (Still trying to figure out how that happened.) I replaced that and the airflow noticeably increased.
However still struggling to maintain temp. I also noticed that the dash discharge air had a 10 degree difference from driver side to passenger side.
The car was due for a B12 and mentioned the issue to the tech. I know.........yes I maintain my vehicles.......except for the wife鈥檚 car......will not get into that discussion.
At any rate the dealer in Port Charlotte Fl. Determined that the compressor needed replacement.
All under warranty.
I was surprised that they only used about 1 labor unit for the compressor replacement.
Problem solved.
The CRV is one of the best vehicles,I鈥檝e owned.i have quite a list. I was temporally disheartened at the issue......however the speed at which the repair was made and the fact that nothing is perfect....the closest thing to perfect is Honda.馃憤

Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
Welcome to the forum! And thanks for this report. It definitely falls under the heading of "Things people will want to know." That said - Wow! That's not very good compressor life. Did the dealer say if this is a frequent issue? It's the first I've heard of it.

Registered
2019 CRV.. 24k miles. The AC discharge temp was struggling to maintain, when the outside temp was above 85F. The cabin air filter was plug with shredded paper particles. (Still trying to figure out how that happened.) I replaced that and the airflow noticeably increased.

Paper particles on your cabin filter.....I would say that you have had a visit from your local rodent. My cabin filter was covered with the under dash insulation all chewed up.

Premium Member
Nice to hear and glad you got the fix taken care of enjoy the V 90 plus days there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts