Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2017 CRV EX, one of the first ones built in Indiana in Dec 2016 and have had no issues with it hese past three years. My son is ready to purchase a 2019 EX-L and was wondering if the oil dilution issues have been fixed for the 2019s and if anyone has had any negative issues. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
".....................if anyone has had any negative issues. Thanks."
On a forum like this there are going to be people with negative issues, I suggest you look at the topics, but given that they sell 30,000+ CR-V's a month, there are very few issues, and many/most with none (like me). My oil looks just fine after 9 months.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Tell your son to go to his local library and look at the annual April addition of Consumer Reports magazine. April is annual vehicle edition. Vehicle reliability data is gathered from thousands of annual surveys that car owner’s complete and return to CR. The April auto edition will help avoid buying a POS vehicle that is likely to have a lot of issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tell your son to go to his local library and look at the annual April addition of Consumer Reports magazine. April is annual vehicle edition. Vehicle reliability data is gathered from thousands of annual surveys that car owner’s complete and return to CR. The April auto edition will help avoid buying a POS vehicle that is likely to have a lot of issues.
Don’t agree at all. I’ve seen many GM owners tell me how awesome their trucks and minivans are. Then I find out it’s on its second transmission,rear end is howling and spare engine is in the garage and yet it’s still the “best truck I’ve owned”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Don’t agree at all. I’ve seen many GM owners tell me how awesome their trucks and minivans are. Then I find out it’s on its second transmission,rear end is howling and spare engine is in the garage and yet it’s still the “best truck I’ve owned”...........
You don't agree with what?.....that thousands of owner reliability survey results (at your finger tips) for a bunch of different vehicles would be beneficial? For the most part, people are brutally honest when filling out a survey. How many GM owners have you seen, 3 or 4? How many people keep a (non-classic) spare engine in their garage....really?

You really think thousands of people would take the time to fill out a survey, use there own postage stamp to return said survey and claim "best truck I've owned" when it had a bad tranny, bad rear end and bad motor????....come on, man.

Maybe you need to visit a library and read the annual April edition of CR the next time you are looking at a new/used vehicle. Do thousands of survey results guarantee never getting a POS vehicle?.....no. The survey results simply stack the odds in your, and others, favor.

·
Registered
152 Posts
CR is a good source for info and would recommend joining online if you are going to purchase a new vehicle in the near future. $20-25 for a year. look around for a special on the site to maybe get it cheaper. also lots of info on tires, appliances, all kinds of stuff. CR's own ratings differ a bit from Consumer (user) ratings, so keep that in mind. for example, they would ding the CR-V (not in the future, 2020!) because the LX doesn't have the full safety suite the higher trim levels do. likewise, they may rate a Subaru higher than an equal or slightly better competitor if that competitor didn't have standard or available AWD. it's still not rocket science, and i would imagine most on here are already familiar with CR. (that dawned on me after i hit enter and before i realized i couldn't Delete this Post. or i would have deleted this)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
2 categories.....new vs used. CU’s test results/opinion for new/current year model vs model/make for years 2011 thru 2018 reliability/problems reported by owner’s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts