Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my CRV. Salesman paired my phone. I paired my wife’s phone too as she’ll be driving mostly. All worked well for a few days. Now, when I start the CRV, it says “unable to connect to smart phone”. When I click Audio to turn on FM or XM, I don’t have the option. It just says “Unable to connect to smart phone”. My Bluetooth was on in my phone, but last night I didn’t even have my phone with me and same issue. I deleted my phone from the list in the Honda system. Still same issue. My wife was able to use CarPlay fine yesterday but don’t know if she tried music from Honda source. I can try that tonight.

So far, I’m not happy with the infotainment system as it seems buggy. My wife said her phone was connecting to Bluetooth some yesterday and sometimes it didn’t.

Any ideas why it’s constantly telling me it can’t connect to a smart phone when I deleted my phone from the list and that’s not allowing me to select any Audio sources?

Tony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I was able to click the Source button while in the audio page and can access all my audio sources. But when the system starts and when I click audio, I get to music or anything. It’s a blue screen that says unable to connect to smart phone. Again, I didn’t have my phone with me and even removed it from the device lost.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,152 Posts
On my cars with Bluetooth, I've found that asking the PHONE to re-pair (not the car) will make it connect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now it’s not even about reconnecting. Even if I don’t have my phone with me, and the fact that I removed my device completely from the Honda Device list, I get that message and I receive no music unless I click audio then source and choose a source.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly didn’t know you could reboot that. Is there a trick to it, or a visible option in the settings? Rebooting it won’t lose any other settings I have will it?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Honestly didn’t know you could reboot that. Is there a trick to it, or a visible option in the settings? Rebooting it won’t lose any other settings I have will it?
Hold down power button until prompt. You will not lose any settings. It takes a few minutes so be sure you have time to leave the car on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2019 EXL. Audio unit has been nothing but buggy since I purchased in 03/19. Made several calls to Honda tech support over the past several months. I took it into dealership 2/4/20 and they were able to replicate some of the 6 problems with the unit and a new unit has been ordered. BTW, I had the same issues with my 16 Civic Touring audio unit which also had the horrible Garmin nav system in it and it never worked correctly. Gave up and just used Waze connected to my phone through my audio unit like I do today. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hold down power button until prompt. You will not lose any settings. It takes a few minutes so be sure you have time to leave the car on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reboot suggestion from contributors. my 2019 CRV AWD EX suddenly stopped working for my iPhone 6 and my wife’s 7+ , it wouldn’t recognize them even though plugged into the correct USB smartphone port and it was driving me nuts, even tried removing and re-ADDing the devices didn’t fix it. After rebooting, the failed system readily noticed both and could get to Car Play and all !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts