Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls

Is there an aftermarket LED Fog light that can be used in place of the factory installed Fog light in a 2019 CRV Touring

It kinda weird (I think) that they would put LED lights in all exterior lights EXCEPT the Fog lights

Thanks!
Brian

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,234 Posts
Lucky us in the UK get OEM (strip) foglights.

Might be worth scouring ebay for some written off CR-Vs that could have them as spare parts. They'll be simple plug-n-play too. Although shipping costs could be an issue etc.

Reactions: BoostedV

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Hey guys and girls

Is there an aftermarket LED Fog light that can be used in place of the factory installed Fog light in a 2019 CRV Touring

It kinda weird (I think) that they would put LED lights in all exterior lights EXCEPT the Fog lights

Thanks!
Brian
i put yellow led bulbs in the us oem foglight housings & have had no issues after 2+ years.

If you have sport bumpers you can purchase the euro/jdm led strip fogs and they will mount directly up.

If you have oem bumpers they wont be able to mount due to a missing screw mount.

The US CRVS doesn't have led in lower trims headlights...Just on the touring,
Lx EX EX-L all have halogen projectors

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,082 Posts
Are there not LED replacement bulbs available, to keep it simple? There seems to be for everything else in lighting. Personally, I like rude/glaring fog lights, which I also think of as "driving lights". Not crazy about light/LED strips down low. That style tends to glow when it should be beaming outward and ahead.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,234 Posts
Are there not LED replacement bulbs available, to keep it simple? There seems to be for everything else in lighting. Personally, I like rude/glaring fog lights, which I also think of as "driving lights". Not crazy about light/LED strips down low. That style tends to glow when it should be beaming outward and ahead.
The OEM LED strip foglights on higher trimmed UK CR-Vs are very powerful indeed. Might not be possible, but if I were in the market for some LED fogs, I would try and source some OEM ones.

Reactions: SnakeCharmer

·
Registered
476 Posts
thanks!
I think I want to get white ones, the amber ones look great as well
Some pics of the Diode Dynamics on my wife’s ‘19 RAV4. I went with the amber ones because there’s less glare in the snow and because it makes it stand out. She likes the attention

She has my CR-V so I couldn’t take pics of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,082 Posts
Some pics of the Diode Dynamics on my wife’s ‘19 RAV4. I went with the amber ones because there’s less glare in the snow and because it makes it stand out. She likes the attention

She has my CR-V so I couldn’t take pics of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Los Angeles, you would get pulled over and possibly cited for having yellow/orange (colored) fog/driving lights. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys and girls

Thanks!
Brian
I own 2018 CRV EX and I believe should use the same bulbs, got this worked perfectly: H11 LED Headlight Bulb, CAR ROVER 50W 10000Lumens Extremely Bright H8 H9 CSP Chip LED Conversion Kit, Xenon White 6000K, 3 Year Warranty. Bought it from Amazon, easy install, just remove stock bulb and replace LED in, it shown H11 but it fit for this fog (I worry when first bought it). Very bright and matched with my LED low beam, feel much safer on dark road, no flashing either, hope this help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys and girls

Thanks!
Brian
Try this as it worked on my 2018 CRV EX, Car Rover 50W 1000 lumens, H8/H9 CSP chip LED 6000K from Amazon. Easy installation, remove 1 screw from the lower and replace the bulb, it's very bright and don't seem flashing other drivers, been on my car since Feb with no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts