Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
straight into the bumper. no plate holder anymore.
yup a thread or two on this subject. LOL

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Does anyone know the proper way to install the front license plate frame on a 2019 Honda crv?
Dealer did not put one on before you took ownership?

Maybe it varies...depending on state laws.

In California... you must have a front plate and my CRV came with the plate holder frame already installed on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
31 US states require a front license plate, which means 19 states do not.

When I bought my 1999 CR-V in Indiana the front license plate holder was in a bag in the cargo area.
I bought my 2014 CR-V here in Tennessee, another no-front-plate state, and it was also in the cargo area.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
31 US states require a front license plate, which means 19 states do not.

When I bought my 1999 CR-V in Indiana the front license plate holder was in a bag in the cargo area.
I bought my 2014 CR-V here in Tennessee, another no-front-plate state, and it was also in the cargo area.
So it sounds like if you are in a state that does not require a front plate... they just leave the kit in the cargo storage. Makes sense. If you change states later.. you may need to install it for that states requirements.

Begs the question as to what state the original poster lives in.. and if the dealer just forgot to install the front plate holder, or if it's optional in that particular state.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Ohio. Here is what was just signed into law by Ohio lawmakers... Elimination of the front license plate requirement starting July 1, 2020 after a push from the Ohio House to get rid of it.

Law enforcement does not support this and was the cause of the effective date being pushed to 7/1/2020. I see their point; but then why not require larger lighted plates; plates on each side of the car; etc.; etc. Hopefully they won't stop single license plate cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts