Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Maybe we should create a separate board for 2019 CRV so potential new buyers don't have to see all this Honda bashing going on here. I don't want Honda to suffer financial loss because of us. If they go bankrupt, who's going to warranty our 2018 CRVs?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Maybe we should create a separate board for 2019 CRV so potential new buyers don't have to see all this Honda bashing going on here. I don't want Honda to suffer financial loss because of us. If they go bankrupt, who's going to warranty our 2018 CRVs?
They deserve to lose money...they cost many of us time and money because of the almost 2 years delay in coming up with a FIX. I'm not sure that the FIX is a fix or a delay. They didn't increase the warranty because of possiblity of engine damage

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
They deserve to lose money...they cost many of us time and money because of the almost 2 years delay in coming up with a FIX. I'm not sure that the FIX is a fix or a delay. They didn't increase the warranty because of possiblity of engine damage
I am really dying to hear your final verdict on the fix. Whatever you say on this issue will be for me the most important test. You have always taken a very logical and pragmatic approach when dealing with your faulty engine and I admire that. So when the time comes and you feel like you can make a verdict I am very interested in knowing if this Fix did anything at all.

Rob

·
Registered
603 Posts
The America Honda website has 2019 too now. I too don't see any changes so it will be interesting to see what owners report. Remember for 2018 we had things like different colored gauges and removal of web browser

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I am really dying to hear your final verdict on the fix. Whatever you say on this issue will be for me the most important test. You have always taken a very logical and pragmatic approach when dealing with your faulty engine and I admire that. So when the time comes and you feel like you can make a verdict I am very interested in knowing if this Fix did anything at all.

Rob
Fix was done 376 miles ago......oil checked this morning -----1/4" past full
Fix is a fail.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I doubt they updated the android os, or even the honda sensing algorithms/software, but I could forsee them making minor changes... hopefully stuff like fixing the sirius channel not found error, etc.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hi Genesis.

Did you just have the software update? Or did they replace the A/C module as well? Also, do you warm up your car by idling or do you start the engine and start driving shortly thereafter?
Both were done. CRV is kept in a heated garage (50 degrees f) drove straight away. I never warm up my cars I just go :=)
Now takes about 4-5 miles before gauge goes up a little but turn fan up and it goes to -0-. This FIX marginally improved heat from before
Gas in oil appears worse. Dealer and Honda has been advised.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Both were done. CRV is kept in a heated garage (50 degrees f) drove straight away. I never warm up my cars I just go :=)
Now takes about 4-5 miles before gauge goes up a little but turn fan up and it goes to -0-. This FIX marginally improved heat from before
So weird. My observations:

No fix yet. 23 degrees F (-5C) and full heat in 3 miles. Getting the fix tomorrow........

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think the fix is for the heating issue, thats why they updated the manual(and released the video) to say that the oil overage is normal

Again thats just my .02

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Fix was done 376 miles ago......oil checked this morning -----1/4" past full
Fix is a fail.

Man that is a bummer. What was Honda thinking? I have to imagine that they would not be spending all this money without doing some serious testing. It seems like they completely screwed this up. My suggestion to you is to either sell the dam thing and get something else (I think you said the Lemon law does not work for your state). Personally I would not waste anymore time on this, you have been patient and level headed, I think at this point your options are kind of limited to just selling the thing. PM me if anything else comes up or you have any ideas.

(Sorry for Hijacking the thread folks)

Rob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts