Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site ... don't own a CRV yet ... but thinking of getting the 2019 CRV LX ... 2.4L engine not Turbo
... and if owners are happy with that standard model.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My current car is a gold 1993 Honda Accord SE with 185,000 miles - looks like a new car - drives like a "Go Kart" - I love it - dealer tell me it's only worth $400!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My current car is a gold 1993 Honda Accord SE with 185,000 miles - looks like a new car - drives like a "Go Kart" - I love it - dealer tell me it's only worth $400!
I was going to buy the same model as you are thinking about, but I went with Mazda CX-5 instead and love it! If you still love your car and it doesn't need any immediate work, I'd say keep driving it till the wheels fall off! Any of these SUVs are NOT going to drive like a Go Kart.

The dealer tried to give me $1,150 for my 1998 Limited 4Runner 4x4 in pristine condition with 191,000 miles on it. I put it on Craigslist and sold it to the first guy to test drive it for $5,000..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a 2018 CRV LX in November of last year. Could not be happier with the performance, milage and overall comfort. Only have 1500 miles on it, but the best car I have owned. At 75 years of age I am not looking for speed as much as comfort. After reading about all the headaches with turbo engine, I opted for the LX trim and I am not sorry.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
The 2.4 is a solid engine. The current LX has a carryover engine that has been around since 2015 for the CRV and 2013 for the Accord. Very few issues with them and a lot of high mileage Accords already, so that's the one I would opt for.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,782 Posts
The 2.4 is a solid engine. The current LX has a carryover engine that has been around since 2015 for the CRV and 2013 for the Accord. Very few issues with them and a lot of high mileage Accords already, so that's the one I would opt for.
My 16 has one. I swear it's a nicer engine after 38k than new. Super simple.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I have the base model LX as well and I love mine :)
For me simple is better and no fancy gadgets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts