Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

401 - 420 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The best deals in America are in FL. I am talking about an EX-L. I live 4hours away from the dealership and they brought it to me Free. I asked for this after we had agreed on a price.
thanks, what was your OTD from EXL? sorry, too many pages to go through previous replies. also, why is that i don't see sales tax in the snapshot the skumar posted for EX?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks, what was your OTD from EXL? sorry, too many pages to go through previous replies. also, why is that i don't see sales tax in the snapshot the skumar posted for EX?
I live in FL. My OTD price was $29,284.17. My sales tax is 7.5%. Other fees are the same as his since we bought from the same dealership. I did a nationwide search. The cheapest price in America was at Honda of Ocala, FL. They came in $314 cheaper than Jax, but they couldn’t bring it to me (again about 4 hours). That’s why I went with Jax.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in FL. My OTD price was $29,284.17. My sales tax is 7.5%. Other fees are the same as his since we bought from the same dealership. I did a nationwide search. The cheapest price in America was at Honda of Ocala, FL. They came in $314 cheaper than Jax, but they couldn’t bring it to me (again about 4 hours). That’s why I went with Jax.
thanks for the info. appreciate it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Some people are posting prices without specifying FWD or AWD, and it seems to me, good deals available in southern states are likely a result of the FWD CR-V being considered by buyers who are also potentially interested in FWD sedans. Southern state dealers are likely more motivated to clear their 2019 FWD SUV inventory than northern state dealers who stock mostly AWD units. In the north, a lot of CR-V buyers want AWD and won't even look at sedans anymore, save for maybe a Subaru or the new AWD Altima.

Has anyone purchased a 2019 AWD CR-V at better than $4K off MSRP? This would be $25,845 (MSRP 29,845) for an EX or $22,945 (MSRP 26,945) for LX, not including any taxes, fees, accessories, DMV costs, or trade-in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sales taxes vary from one state to another. For New York, if buying a new car in a neighboring state, such at NJ or CT, the dealer will typically have enough experience dealing with the NYS DMV that everything is handled in a similar manner to how dealers who are physically located in NY would handle it, meaning plates will be on your new vehicle when you pick it up and you won't have to go to the DMV.

However, if buying from several states away, the new owner may have to personally go to the NYS DMV and register the vehicle, where part of the registration fee will include the sales tax on whatever amount is listed as the sale price on the bill of sale. This is exactly how it works for used car private party sales.

From what I've read, and this could be wrong, a new car would have to be registered in another state for a minimum of six months before its owner could move it to NY and obtain NY plates without paying sales tax to NY on the original purchase price. So if you have multiple homes, you might be able to pull it off. But if your primary residence is in NY, that may not fly either. It's really a rich person's problem. Never tried it myself.

If someone who recently bought a new vehicle legitimately lived in another state at the time of purchase and then moves to NY shortly thereafter, they may have to pay the difference in sales tax, if the tax in the original state was lower. And 0% is obviously lower than NY sales tax rates, so if you live in Delaware and you're planning to move to NY, don't buy a car too soon before the move. Actually, save yourself the torture and never come to NY at all. :) You're welcome.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I lived in Rochester, NY for a few years, and loved it there.
NYC I've visited a handful of times, and doing some of the tourist things is worth the visit, but I wouldn't live anywhere near the city.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got a call from a dealer I requested the quote, he said he can do it for $25K OTD. Just a heads up, if you are planning to get the CR-V there is room for negotiation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did your negotiation process look like? Were you talking with multiple dealerships asking who can beat who? Any other dealerships in particular I should speak to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What did your negotiation process look like? Were you talking with multiple dealerships asking who can beat who? Any other dealerships in particular I should speak to?
I requested quote through edmunds true market value and got a quote from a dealership which is 50 miles away from me, took that quote to a nearby dealer and they matched it and I negotiated with them to go another $500 down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some people are posting prices without specifying FWD or AWD, and it seems to me, good deals available in southern states are likely a result of the FWD CR-V being considered by buyers who are also potentially interested in FWD sedans. Southern state dealers are likely more motivated to clear their 2019 FWD SUV inventory than northern state dealers who stock mostly AWD units. In the north, a lot of CR-V buyers want AWD and won't even look at sedans anymore, save for maybe a Subaru or the new AWD Altima.

Has anyone purchased a 2019 AWD CR-V at better than $4K off MSRP? This would be $25,845 (MSRP 29,845) for an EX or $22,945 (MSRP 26,945) for LX, not including any taxes, fees, accessories, DMV costs, or trade-in.
Two months ago, I purchased an LX AWD in Minnesota (see post #316) for $22,400 excluding taxes/fees/registration. There was no trade-in, but I did qualify for the $500 Loyalty/Conquest rebate. The dealer doc-fee is capped at $100 in Minnesota.

·
Registered
17 Posts
apologize to go off topic.

has anyone purchased and installed full coverage car seat covers for EX model? i see one in amazon that has good reviews but delivery is 1 month away. others are not full coverage.

401 - 420 of 424 Posts