Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

421 - 440 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
CRV EX-L FWD 26,300
Dealer add-ons of 1k for lifetime nitrogen, all weather floor mats, wheel locks, lifetime tint, cargo tray, splash guards, first two oil changes free, lifetime car washes. Didn’t want any of it but it was already on the car.

29,300 out the door
Houston, Texas

·
Registered
1 Posts
You all may not believe, but we bought a 2019 CR-V EX (FWD) in Fairfax county VA for 25500 OTD back in April of this year 2019. Yes it included all the taxes, fess and etc. 10k down payment and 2.9% finance for 5 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finalized the deal for 2019 CR-V EX (AWD) for $25900, OTD $27900. As the dealer was also under the Costco plan, my feedback for the dealer to Costco earned me 50% off coupon to buy accessories from the dealer. I got a little lazy in my last bargaining days as i was looking to seal the deal around $25500.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finalized the deal for 2018 CR-V EX (AWD) for $25900, OTD $27900. As the dealer was also under the Costco plan, my feedback for the dealer to Costco earned me 50% off coupon to buy accessories from the dealer. I got a little lazy in my last bargaining days as i was looking to seal the deal around $25500.
2018 or 2019? which state?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 CR-V EX-L AWD, $27,709 sale price.

CRawdexV15 and I took the same deal this weekend. Listed discounts were a $500 honda dealer and a $500 conquest along with whatever other special sauce they mixed in but don't document - 27,709 seems to be their straight internet offer. I was surprised by my local dealer's quotes and just sent around a completely cold request for prices to 3 other places nearby, overall quotes ranged quite a bit (27,709; 28,579; 28,610; and 29,890). Offered my closest/preferred dealer an opportunity to match and they couldn't, so here we are.
This is a great deal. Which dealer is this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
When ever I respond to a dealer on their web site and ask for the best price I tell them to email it to me only. Even if I say calls or texts will disqualify the seller within 5 minutes I get calls and texts and emails but none with a price. How do you guys do it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When ever I respond to a dealer on their web site and ask for the best price I tell them to email it to me only. Even if I say calls or texts will disqualify the seller within 5 minutes I get calls and texts and emails but none with a price. How do you guys do it?
Truecar and Costco, and then I don't answer calls. With either one you will get prices emailed to you. I use both as some brands have better prices with one or the other. I then email the dealers the competitor's prices and wait for one of them to get serious. On the deal I made today the best number from truecar was $3,500 off, and then the local dealer came back with $4,400 below MSRP and we closed the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the 2020 EXL AWD for 29k sale price and out of door price with DELAWARE taxes and other fees and registration for 5 years for 31756. Got it from Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2 Posts
Truecar and Costco, and then I don't answer calls. With either one you will get prices emailed to you. I use both as some brands have better prices with one or the other. I then email the dealers the competitor's prices and wait for one of them to get serious. On the deal I made today the best number from truecar was $3,500 off, and then the local dealer came back with $4,400 below MSRP and we closed the deal.
2019 CR-V EXL AWD Schenectady NY. Dealer is Mohawk Honda. $27,829 and doc fee of $75.
Hi Danros, I live in the Albany, NY area and I've just started the shopping and negotiating process for a 2019 EXL. I met with one dealer (not Mohawk) a few days ago to try to make a deal, but I wasn't able to get the price I was looking for so I walked. As I was leaving my saleman said he'd be in touch, so they may go lower in the coming days or weeks. Their best price was $28,500 with no accessories.
I was wondering about your feelings or experiences with other dealerships in the area that you worked with during your process. I've only worked with one dealership so far, but I'm looking to try a couple more to get the best price. This will be my first new Honda purchase so I don't have any past purchasing experience to go on. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got this from several, though a few did respond with a price right away. All were trying to get me into the dealership for a test drive that day or the next, with a few asking me additional questions about whether I wanted to lease or buy and if I was an owner of a current vehicle even if I wasn't trading it in (there is or at least was a $500 competitor rebate for certain makes and years). I replied to the ones with the questions by answering them and usually got an offer afterwards. I responded to the others that I had zero plans of visiting any dealer without a starting offer. If they'd like to send me one via email that is great and I'll seriously consider it, but if that's against their policy, that's fine and I'll go with another dealer. All that I sent that message to responded with an offer. Also, let's say this happened today (Thursday), I'd say I was planning on buying this weekend (which was true), and if they want to be in consideration, I'll need their offer by Friday.

Also, an invaluable tip I got on another site is to use a Google Voice number when searching for a car. Best thing ever. I didn't bother listening to the voicemails I got and they don't have my real number now, which is fantastic since it took about almost two weeks after I bought to stop getting contacted by dealerships even though I had unsubscribed in every way possible the day I bought and that's after contacting everyone by email to let them know I went with another dealer. And since I told every single dealer I contacted that I wanted communication exclusively via email, I shouldn't have had voicemails at all, but I still had 30+. They can't help themselves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been trying the best price for 2019 Honda Cr-V EXL. I am located in north NJ. When I visited a dealer two weeks back, his best offer OTD was 30.5K. Another dealer at 30850. But after seeing the above few posts, it looks like even 2020 model is possible at about 30700. Does anyone have any recommendation for any dealer in NJ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been trying the best price for 2019 Honda Cr-V EXL. I am located in north NJ. When I visited a dealer two weeks back, his best offer OTD was 30.5K. Another dealer at 30850. But after seeing the above few posts, it looks like even 2020 model is possible at about 30700. Does anyone have any recommendation for any dealer in NJ?
Keep in mind the person above is in Delaware and you're in Jersey. You're gonna pay twice the fees and taxes than that person does upping that OTD price. There is a 2020 thread, can't say I remember anyone posting about NJ.

I didn't want a 2020 so I didn't price them out (zero interest in stop-start technology), but my favorite dealer in NJ to deal with when I was shopping by far was Davis Honda in Burlington, NJ. They were very straightforward, I just liked their approach and they had me seriously considering crossing the bridge. They offered to beat any quote I brought in by $250 as well. Only reason I didn't go with them is that NJ standard fees (like doc fee) are higher than PA's, which are mandated by state law so comparatively low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep in mind the person above is in Delaware and you're in Jersey. You're gonna pay twice the fees and taxes than that person does upping that OTD price. There is a 2020 thread, can't say I remember anyone posting about NJ.

I didn't want a 2020 so I didn't price them out (zero interest in stop-start technology), but my favorite dealer in NJ to deal with when I was shopping by far was Davis Honda in Burlington, NJ. They were very straightforward, I just liked their approach and they had me seriously considering crossing the bridge. They offered to beat any quote I brought in by $250 as well. Only reason I didn't go with them is that NJ standard fees (like doc fee) are higher than PA's, which are mandated by state law so comparatively low.
Thanks JFlower for the reply.
You are right, It was Delaware so I need to consider the extra tax and fees for NJ. Even I dont see much value in 2020 for the 1.5 to 2K price difference. I hope to get the same 30.5K OTD deal on 2019. I am planning to visit dealers on 30th. Hope they will not disappoint me. Davis Honda is 84 miles from my place, not feasible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know how far west you are, but if you're willing to drive over the Hudson river, I've had good experiences with the sales departments in both Mount Kisco and White Plains. I don't know what their price lists look like right now, but you can try. They're close enough that I would presume either would be able to deal with the NJ DMV just as efficiently as they can deal with the NY DMV, but again, I don't really know. The Mount Kisco dealer will hand you a no-haggle price list for every trim of every model you're looking at, including the price for every individual accessory listed on the Honda corporate website. They list both the accessory part price (which should be the same as the website price) and the installed price including labor. If you want to haggle them down from there, using their price list as a starting point, you can try. I don't know if they'd be receptive to it. But at least you'll get a full written disclosure of their prices for everything you could possibly contemplate when it comes to model, trim, and accessories, either installed by them or not.

421 - 440 of 477 Posts