Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

441 - 460 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks JFlower for the reply.
You are right, It was Delaware so I need to consider the extra tax and fees for NJ. Even I dont see much value in 2020 for the 1.5 to 2K price difference. I hope to get the same 30.5K OTD deal on 2019. I am planning to visit dealers on 30th. Hope they will not disappoint me. Davis Honda is 84 miles from my place, not feasible.
You don't have to want to buy from the ones we suggest to get a written price to use for negotiation for wherever you do want to buy. Even though you don't want to do the drive, plenty in the PA/NJ/NY areas don't tend to have an issue with a drive up and down the Turnpike or across the bridge since it's just part of the deal with living here many times. I'm in North Jersey every month, and I regularly see residents' cars bought in South and Central Jersey. I've seen more than a few bought in PA as well. I'd guess your nearby Honda dealers would take a competing offer from anywhere in the the state and the metro area seriously and try to at least match it. Not sure they will be better than what you've been offered so far, but can't hurt to check. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 EX AWD in Crystal Black

Sale Price: $25,699.06
Tax: $1,541.94
Tag/Reg/Transfer Fees: $259
OTD Price: $27,500

Silver Spring, MD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting their pricing info! It was very helpful as I shopped around. I sent out emails to five Columbus, OH dealerships asking for OTD quotes. All responded with pretty good rates, which I used to leverage better offers.

2019 CRV EX AWD
Price of vehicle: $25,764
Doc fee: $250
Tax: $1,951 @7.5%
Title/Registration: $35
OTD: $28,000 (paid cash)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got 2019 Honda CR-V EXL
$30800 OTD.
Paul Miller Honda who is nearest to my place offered the best price among all 6-7 dealers I enquired/negotiated.
thanks to all in this group for sharing their prices. It definitely saved me $1000-1200.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,139 Posts
Thanks JFlower for the reply.
You are right, It was Delaware so I need to consider the extra tax and fees for NJ. Even I dont see much value in 2020 for the 1.5 to 2K price difference. I hope to get the same 30.5K OTD deal on 2019. I am planning to visit dealers on 30th. Hope they will not disappoint me. Davis Honda is 84 miles from my place, not feasible.
i picked up ours from academy, they beat vip honda and open road all in central nj

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all! Los Angeles purchase 2019 EX-L FWD Lunar Silver with gray interior, no accessories! Well discovered they installed wheel locks, but I didn’t get charged for them. :)

Reading this thread and DMing a few members helped me lock down a low price. I am not the lowest in LA, but I tried my best. Goal according to forum: $26,500-26,600 - Truecar sent me to a dealer whose lowest was $26,643. He ended up not having the color I wanted. Norm Reeves of Cerritos matched the price (would NOT beat it) and I got the car for :

$26,643
$85 doc fee
TTL $2969.91
TOTAL $29,697.91 OTD

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great deal! Was there any other processing fee? Hail damage or miles on the car?

2019 CR-V LX AWD $22,500

Rapids Honda at Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
Purchased 16.5% below MSRP of 26,945.
Included a lifetime powertrain warranty.
Included diamond-fusion on windshield.
No other dealer installed accessories.
Honda financed: 36 months at 1.9%.

22900 Negotiated sell price of vehicle
- 500. Honda Loyalty/Conquest Rebate
+100. Dealer Administration/Doc Fee
=====
$22,500 Purchase Price plus Tax, Title, License

·
Registered
3 Posts
North Texas - purchased on 1/1/20

2019 CRV EX FWD - white
OTD: $27000 + $2100(for Honda Care 72m/80k mi)
Condition: If Honda Care purchased, then only 0% financing - otherwise 4.59% (on 780 score)

There was lot of pressure from Finance manager to go with this(4.59%) or that(purchase HCare + 0% finance), otherwise OTD is $28000 (with my finance of 2.49% from DCU)
He mentioned, that you can come back after 3 months to cancel the Honda Care and get the prorated refund from $2100. Not sure if he will honor his words after 3 months

Add-ons already on car - wheel locks, lifetime tint, cargo tray, splash guards

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
He mentioned, that you can come back after 3 months to cancel the Honda Care and get the prorated refund from $2100. Not sure if he will honor his words after 3 months
Did he gave you a written/printed document about Hondacare? You should have received one. There's a CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT section that you should read.

The copy I found online says you can cancel within 60 days for a "full purchase price refund" if you have not received any services under the contract. After 60 days the refund is prorated based on the coverage time or miles remaining. Oh, and after 60 days there's also a "processing fee" to cancel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did he gave you a written/printed document about Hondacare? You should have received one. There's a CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT section that you should read.

The copy I found online says you can cancel within 60 days for a "full purchase price refund" if you have not received any services under the contract. After 60 days the refund is prorated based on the coverage time or miles remaining. Oh, and after 60 days there's also a "processing fee" to cancel.
Thank you for your reply and researching for me online!
Yes, he gave me the document for Honda Care (72m/80k miles) which has mention of $2100 paid for Honda Care VSC, though he did not shared all the pages of the contract (he shared 2 out of 8 pages which I found once I reviewed it in the evening at home), though the page has reference to this https://www.hondafinancialservices.com/vsc-contracts and it says same thing about contract as what you mentioned

The concern I have is : should I cancel before 60 days, by directly emailing/faxing the cancellation form to Honda Financial (parent of Honda Care) and get full refund.
Or should I go to dealer after 90 days to cancel it with pro-rated refund after processing fee (which I read is $25)
I am fine either way, but dont want to keep HC for long and dont want to loose 0% finance from Honda Finance.

PS: sorry as this thread is not meant to discuss dealer shenanigans

·
Registered
3 Posts
North Texas - purchased on 1/1/20

2019 CRV EX FWD - white
OTD: $27000 + $2100(for Honda Care 72m/80k mi)
Condition: If Honda Care purchased, then only 0% financing - otherwise 4.59% (on 780 score)

There was lot of pressure from Finance manager to go with this(4.59%) or that(purchase HCare + 0% finance), otherwise OTD is $28000 (with my finance of 2.49% from DCU)

Add-ons already on car - wheel locks, lifetime tint, cargo tray, splash guards
I am also in North Texas and looking for good price on 2019 CRV EX model. Can you tell me which dealer you purchased your car and also the name of the manager you negotiated with? This will help me narrow down. Thanks

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
The concern I have is : should I cancel before 60 days, by directly emailing/faxing the cancellation form to Honda Financial (parent of Honda Care) and get full refund.
Or should I go to dealer after 90 days to cancel it with pro-rated refund after processing fee (which I read is $25)
I am fine either way, but dont want to keep HC for long and dont want to loose 0% finance from Honda Finance.
Cancel it as soon as you can, following the instructions in the documents you were given.

The loan documents have been signed and approved, or you would not have gotten the keys to the CR-V.
Unless there's something in the loan documents that clearly states you lose the 0% finance rate if you cancel Honda Care then they can not change the finance rate on you.

And I think you'll find that if the cost of Honda Care was included in the loan you will not get a refund check. Instead, they will credit your loan for the amount "refunded".

·
Registered
10 Posts
CRV EX (White with black cloth interior) purchased 12/28/19
Honda of Hollywood (Hollywood, CA)
MSRP: $28,295
Cost: $25,000

AMOS/OPT $499.00
Fee/Lender $504.75
Plus taxes
They charged me for bolts on the tires, a mud flap & the plastic tray in the trunk.
OUT THE DOOR (taxes included): $28,626.11

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 31-Dec-2019. Greater metro Phoenix, AZ area.

Thanks to all who have posted recently on this list. Phoenix seems to be a high market for CR-V -- everyone here buys a pickup or SUV :). Knowing what others in the USA paid helped provide a negotiating "anchor", even though I wasn't able to get down to the same rates as others had.

CRV EX AWD 2019 : Gunmetal Metallic, 7 miles on odometer, no options (including no tinting*)

MSRP: $29,695 (includes destination fee)
Vehicle Cost: $26,100

• Selling price: $26,101
  • Dealer Doc Fee: $499
  • Honda Loyalty Cashback - we own a 2014 Accord: ($500)
Taxes, registration, and other government fees are not included in the above. No "OTD" price since we leased vehicle.
Leased at standard Honda rates: MF = 0.00065, RV = 57%, Acquisition Fee = $595.

* One observation on the Phoenix market: all dealers automatically add tinting (along with other "desert package" options to the vehicles). Most would "waive off" the cost of the Honda options added, but noted that the tinting was a real cost to an external service company, and that limited how low they could go. We did not want tinting in the first place (moving to Seattle), and finally found one dealership with one CR-V EX AWD that had not yet been tinted. The final price we paid was $400 lower than the next closest dealer. Otherwise, the best Vehicle Cost (including Doc Fee and Options) was 26,500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a great deal! Was there any other processing fee? Hail damage or miles on the car?
The new vehicle was absolutely flawless. After completing the test drive, the odometer read 17 miles. Our firm target price for the CRV was 15% below MSRP, and then the loyalty-rebate from Honda lowered it by another $500. We purchased the LX AWD for $22,400 (plus a $100 doc fee) in October. There were no other dealer processing fees; no supplemental charges; no trade-in.

441 - 460 of 556 Posts