Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

461 - 480 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
North Texas - purchased on 1/1/20

2019 CRV EX FWD - white
OTD: $27000 + $2100(for Honda Care 72m/80k mi)
Condition: If Honda Care purchased, then only 0% financing - otherwise 4.59% (on 780 score)

There was lot of pressure from Finance manager to go with this(4.59%) or that(purchase HCare + 0% finance), otherwise OTD is $28000 (with my finance of 2.49% from DCU)
He mentioned, that you can come back after 3 months to cancel the Honda Care and get the prorated refund from $2100. Not sure if he will honor his words after 3 months

Add-ons already on car - wheel locks, lifetime tint, cargo tray, splash guards
Definitely cancel that Honda Care as soon as possible. You're paying double what you should. You can purchase it online through Honda dealers for a much better rate. I did this for my last car. I haven't bought mine for the CRV yet, but expect it to be less than $1200 for 8 years/120,000 miles. They didn't even give you the longer contract, so truly double what you should be paying.

Check here for more information on where when you're ready to get it at a better rate.

HondaCare Extended Warranty?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2019 CR-V EX-L AWD Gray with black interior (did not add any accessory)
MSRP - 32,345
Final Selling Price - 28,400 + 5 free oil changes and tire rotations
Savings - 3945 + 5 oil change and tire rotation
Out the door - 30837.25 (28,400 + 100 doc fee + 491.25 reg license + 1846 sales tax)
Date - 30 Dec 2019
I did not qualify for loyalty or conquest so if you would qualify, it would have been lower by 500
Location - Twin Cities (St Paul, Minneapolis) , MN
Feel free to msg me if you would like me to put you in touch with my sales guy at the dealership, may save you all the hassle I had to go through with different dealerships and price negotiation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very grateful on the price paid information that is posted here, and for the range of information posted throughout this forum/community.

New 2019 CR-V EX-L AWD $28,396 ($27,951 price + $445 doc) + $165 for title, registration and inspection for which the dealer did the legwork (which I believe is $5 less than if I had done it myself).
No accessories (included carpet mats, don't know whether that is standard).
No rebates (didn't qualify)
Honda Village, MA
Agreement and delivery during the first week of January 2020.

All done via email. Communication was transparent and honest in my experience. Transaction aspects at the dealership were straightforward (although, one still visited about finance, warranty, etc, but that was straight forward and no hard sell/pressure, at least to my eyes).

Boch in Norwood was a close second, about $150 higher. The range of offers and the varying styles of the dealerships were interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2019 CR-V EX-L Gray with black interior (did not add any accessory)
MSRP - 32,345
Final Price - 28,400 + 5 free oil changes and tire rotations
Date - 30 Dec 2019
I did not qualify for loyalty or conquest so if you would qualify, it would have been lower by 500
Location - Twin Cities (St Paul, Minneapolis) , MN
Feel free to msg me if you would like me to put you in touch with my sales guy at the dealership, may save you all the hassle I had to go through with different dealerships and price negotiation
Is this price out of the door?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 CR-V AWD EX-L, Lunar Silver Metallic, black interior.
Purchased on 12/26/19 for $28,100 at Keeler Honda Latham, NY
Included 2 oil changes and 5 car washes.

The finance guy tried to sell me a third-party 10 year/100k miles extended warranty for $2,400. I turned that down and I'm planning to buy an 8 year/100k Honda Care plan through Hyannis Honda for about a third of that price. Thanks to the tips on this forum!

It wasn't able to get as low a sale price as I was hoping for, but they gave me a good value for my trade-in, so I decided to take it. They gave me $5,300 for my Subaru trade. Whereas the Subaru dealership where I spent thousands of dollars over the past few years in their service department was only going to give me $4,000 for trade-in on a Subaru. I feel that the Honda dealer couldn't go much lower on the price of the CR-V, but they had a little more flexibility with the trade value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2019 CR-V AWD EX-L, Lunar Silver Metallic, black interior.
Purchased on 12/26/19 for $28,100 at Keeler Honda Latham, NY
Included 2 oil changes and 5 car washes.

The finance guy tried to sell me a third-party 10 year/100k miles extended warranty for $2,400. I turned that down and I'm planning to buy an 8 year/100k Honda Care plan through Hyannis Honda for about a third of that price. Thanks to the tips on this forum!

It wasn't able to get as low a sale price as I was hoping for, but they gave me a good value for my trade-in, so I decided to take it. They gave me $5,300 for my Subaru trade. Whereas the Subaru dealership where I spent thousands of dollars over the past few years in their service department was only going to give me $4,000 for trade-in on a Subaru. I feel that the Honda dealer couldn't go much lower on the price of the CR-V, but they had a little more flexibility with the trade value.
I just bought a CRV on 30th Dec and would like to know more about the 8 year/100k Honda Care plan through Hyannis Honda, can you please provide some more details? Thank You!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn't buy any CR-V newer than 2016, why would you want a tiny 1.5 liter w/ turbo, when you could buy used and get a great K-24 engine and if you go a little older, 2012-2014 you also get a 5 speed auto instead of the CVT

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't buy any CR-V newer than 2016, why would you want a tiny 1.5 liter w/ turbo, when you could buy used and get a great K-24 engine and if you go a little older, 2012-2014 you also get a 5 speed auto instead of the CVT
I used to think the same. I used to drive 2004 camry and whenever i took a test drive of the newer suv's, i would be disappointed. Finally I felt that the new safety features of collision avoidance, blind spot, etc are important for the safety of my family. I liked everything in the new CRV except the pickup and kept shopping to find the one i like. Finally I came back to test drive CRV and chose to use the sports mode when I wanted a good pick up, this closed the deal for me. I use the sports mode at least once in two days just when i need the pick up (typically after a red signal goes green) and still get good mileage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2019 Honda CR-V EX model for effective price of 26000 OTD (OTD price by dealer was 26500 and I got another 500 towards down payment for new grad, hence final price of 26K OTD). Just wanted to know if any one recently (last 2 weeks or so) bought a 2019 CR-V EX trim or 2020 model EX trim and what is the OTD cost they paid. I felt it was a decent deal but I was expecting more discount as 2020 models are already out and plus 2019 is in clearance. So any inputs are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why is everyone using "OTD" to describe the sale price? OTD means "out the door." It's the final price paid including sales tax, title, license, registration, dealer fees, incidentals etc.

I paid $24,800 for my 2019 LX AWD in November. Add about $850 for parts alone (not labor) on dealer installed accessories. Now we're at $25,650. Add 8.375% sales tax. That brings it to $27,798. Add $250 cash for dealer-arranged-under-the-table tax free installation of accessories (labor). $28048. Now add $177 for state DMV plate transfer, registration sticker, and official title. My "OTD" price was $28,225, not $24,800.

The simplest way to negotiate is to write down every last specific detail of what year, model, trim, drivetrain, colors, option packages (Honda doesn't do packages, but most other brands do) and accessories you want. Then write down your highest acceptable OTD price. Present it to the dealer. They will try to get you to increase the number before even presenting it to the sales manager. Stand firm. If you're feeling generous, add .99 to the end of the number, increasing your offer by less than $1.

Let them use the OTD dollar figure to work backwards to determine how much profit is in it for them. Then they either say yes or no. If yes, you have a deal. If no, you walk out of the showroom and let them chase you to your car. Do not negotiate. Simply ask if they've changed their mind and are now willing to accept your offer. If yes, you have a deal. If no, just drive away. Simple.

All you have to do for this to work is a little research ahead of time on how much you're willing to pay for what you want, then don't let yourself get bullied into paying more. If you go to at least 5-6 dealerships and they all refuse to accept your offer, maybe it's a bit of a low offer. Any respectable offer will get you the deal you're looking for by the 3rd or 4th dealer you visit, especially if you go during the last week of the month. This strategy might not work to get you the absolute lowest rock bottom price you might find at a really desperate dealership on its worst day, but it will always get you a fair, respectable deal.

Most people don't realize the dealer invoice price, in most cases, is significantly more than what the dealer actually paid for the vehicle. If you use TrueCar for research purposes, give them fake contact information, because if you're going lower than TrueCar price in your offer, an affiliated TrueCar dealer will then be at a disadvantage compared to the others. Once TrueCar has your real name, if you buy a vehicle from one of their affiliated dealers, the dealer has to pay them a fee.

461 - 480 of 556 Posts