Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

481 - 499 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Why is everyone using "OTD" to describe the sale price? OTD means "out the door." It's the final price paid including sales tax, title, license, registration, dealer fees, incidentals etc.
Agree^

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, OTD pricing is not at all useful on an internet forum. You would need to live in the same location for it to be at all relevant. Including OTD price is only helpful if all other parameters are included.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In all likelihood, we are about to purchase a 2019 AWD, either EX or EX-L. We are in southern New England...seems like local inventory is pretty plentiful for the time being. Through Truecar, the best we have been quoted is $3658 off MSRP for the EX-L and $3358 off the EX. Realistically, does that sound about as good as we're likely to get? Like anyone else, we want to save as much as we can. But there's also a sense in which, if we find the color and financing we like, we just want to be done with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a new 2019 Honda CRV EXL FWD for $28440 out the door in Virgina/DC area, for registration in Maryland.

$26563 sales price including freight
$1593 MD sales tax
$284 tags
$28440 out the door, no other fees

·
Registered
1 Posts
Helped a family member buy a 2019 CR-V EX AWD here in NC.

MSRP $29,845
Discount $3,479
Selling price $26,366
Splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray included
OTD in NC $27,965

I had three dealers all within $50 of this offer, but what made the decision easier was that my family member wanted lunar silver over modern steel or gunmetal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m shopping for a 2019 CR-V EX-L. Currently have been given an offer of $29,500 for an AWD EX-L. Haven’t done any serious negotiations yet. MSRP is $32,345 with splash guard, trunk tray, pinstripe, wheel locks, and nitrogen for a total of $33,130. Trying to figure out how low I can get them. Hoping for closer to $27,000. The AWD isn’t a big selling feature for me, but it’s the only 2019 they have on the lot.
Thoughts or advice? Anyone get a price close to this on and EX-L or AWD EX-L?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought an 2019 CRV EXL FWD for $26563 including freight and all fees, not including tax tags. An AWD would be 1200 more or so.. 27700 plus you tax and tags

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

FWD/AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Picture of your new ride is encouraged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all - I'm in the market for a gen 5 CR-V. I've been looking at some used 2017's and 2018's EX-L AWD and dealers seem to ask for $25-28k (before haggling). I'm seeing some in this thread getting new 2019 EX-L AWD for 27/28k. Seems it might be worth considering new.

My question: My budget is pretty hard capped at 25k.. think any dealer in the northeast would bite on a EX-L AWD for something in that neighborhood?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in market looking for a 2019 or 2020 EX FWD. I'm located in Dallas TX. Can anyone who shopped in the last few days provide me with the good price point before tax and title.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a 2019 Touring AWD for $5045 off MSRP with all weather mats/trunk included. It was an exec car with 2500 miles on it, but I am the 1st to title it and warranty starts with me. Best offer I got on a zero mile 2019 was $4k off. I’m happy with the deal, about 15% off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased 2019 CRV EXL AWD.

MSRP: $32,345
Dealer Discounts: $3,827
Sale Price: $28,518

OTD price:
Doc fee - $250.00
tax - $2,281.44
loyalty - $500
plate fees - $35.00
Total OTD - $30,584.44

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in market looking for a 2019 or 2020 EX FWD. I'm located in Dallas TX. Can anyone who shopped in the last few days provide me with the good price point before tax and title.

I just bought in Fort Worth. 2020 EX-L for $28,089 +ttl. Best price on the 2019 EX-L was $27,156.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New 2019 CR-V EX - Basque Red Pearl (Daytona Beach, FL)

Odometer was about 10 miles when I first drove it.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $27350
Destination & Handling: $1120
Total Vehicle Price (MSRP): $28470
  • Dealer added crap (Custom Pin Stripes, Splash Guards, Trunk Tray, Wheel Locks, Nitrogen): $2495
  • Total Listed Price: $30,965
  • Discount: $5026.50
Adjusted Price: $25938.50
  • Trade-in (2005 CR-V - barely drivable at 216000+ miles - AC had given up - all kinda noises from all kinda places - only used it for short commute to/from school as I had another vehicle at home - tires were balder than my grandpa's head - no private party would've bought it as it was going to break down any minute): $1500
  • Trade Difference: $24438.50
  • Tax/Doc/Blah/Blah/Blah: $3061.16
OTD: $27499.66

Do you think I got a fair deal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had not seen this thread before buying.

Purchased & delivered 2/22/2020

2020 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
33 miles on Odometer (25 of those miles was to transfer the car from one dealer across the metro area, so really there was 8 miles on the odometer at the original dealer).

Dealer had to find and acquire the CR-V I wanted. It had to be 2020 EX-L FWD with either:

Radiant Red Metallic with gray leather, or
Aegean Blue Metallic with black leather

I paid them $500 to locate the car, they returned this check to me when I paid for the car.

$28,800.05 – Car Price
$199.95- Dealer Administrative Fee
$29,000.00 – Total paid for the vehicle

I had a True Car dealer that was 63 miles from my home quote me $29,336 plus a fee of $494= $29,830, before I negotiated with the dealer I later purchased from. That dealer also gave me 5 test drives of 4 different vehicles.

I live in the KC metro area and there are about 5 Honda dealerships. I learned there are very few FWD CR-Vs on their lots, they say they have trouble selling them; people around here covet the AWD models. My dealership had 1 FWD EX-L, but it did not meet my color requirements.

I was happy with the price I paid as I was requiring them to find the much rarer FWD and only in a couple of color combinations. FWD may not be rare depending on the area of the country where you live.

The one thing I’m curious about, I’ve not researched this, I notice on my window sticker the car was made in Ontario, Canada and delivered to a dealership in the KC metro area. Is there anything unique I need to be aware of about it being assembled in Canada? I was expecting it would have been assembled in one of the three American plants.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had not seen this thread before buying.

Purchased & delivered 2/22/2020

2020 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
33 miles on Odometer (25 of those miles was to transfer the car from one dealer across the metro area, so really there was 8 miles on the odometer at the original dealer).

Dealer had to find and acquire the CR-V I wanted. It had to be 2020 EX-L FWD with either:

Radiant Red Metallic with gray leather, or
Aegean Blue Metallic with black leather

I paid them $500 to locate the car, they returned this check to me when I paid for the car.

$28,800.05 – Car Price
$199.95- Dealer Administrative Fee
$29,000.00 – Total paid for the vehicle

I had a True Car dealer that was 63 miles from my home quote me $29,336 plus a fee of $494= $29,830, before I negotiated with the dealer I later purchased from. That dealer also gave me 5 test drives of 4 different vehicles.

I live in the KC metro area and there are about 5 Honda dealerships. I learned there are very few FWD CR-Vs on their lots, they say they have trouble selling them; people around here covet the AWD models. My dealership had 1 FWD EX-L, but it did not meet my color requirements.

I was happy with the price I paid as I was requiring them to find the much rarer FWD and only in a couple of color combinations. FWD may not be rare depending on the area of the country where you live.

The one thing I’m curious about, I’ve not researched this, I notice on my window sticker the car was made in Ontario, Canada and delivered to a dealership in the KC metro area. Is there anything unique I need to be aware of about it being assembled in Canada? I was expecting it would have been assembled in one of the three American plants.
Did this price INCLUDE tax and title???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did this price INCLUDE tax and title???
No, only the price of the car plus their documents fee. In Missouri I have to go to the license office to pay the taxes & title fees. Also, I did not buy the extra Warranty they tried to sell me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I suppose nobody can definitively answer, but do you think that Honda will extend the extra $500 loyalty incentive that currently expires on March 2nd? Or maybe even up it after that point to clear dealer inventory before the end of Q1? Thanks

481 - 499 of 499 Posts