Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Honda CR-V EX AWD Gunmetal Gray w/ Gray interior
Sale Price: $23,439
Doc fee: $300
Tax 2,258.00 (Chicago, Cook County Tax 9.5%)
County Fee: $15
Electronic Filing: $25
License Fee $151.00
Title Fee: $150
------------------------------------------------

Total Out The Door Price: $26,338

I did not qualify for the extra $1,000 Honda Loyalty Bonus.
I was able to get the 0.9% financing offer.
What dealer? I live in the Chicago area and am not getting as good prices for 2019 models... I’ve contacted many as only a few dealers have 2019s left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Notes that " accessories " is "Freight/Destionation $1049.00 " . I feels like they rob me on that... but lets me known if i scored on this deal or not...
I choose the old honda LX 2019 over the LX 2020 because i don't like the new turbo 1.5 on the new crv 2020. I prefer traditional engine 2.4 on the LX trim.

HONDA CRV 2019
LX AWD

OTD Cost 23,540.47 with 0.9% + 90 days no payment.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX AWD
12 Posts
What dealer? I live in the Chicago area and am not getting as good prices for 2019 models... I’ve contacted many as only a few dealers have 2019s left.
North City Honda. They have way too much inventor for a dealer of that size. They still have a couple 2018 CR-V's in stock. The dealer has over 450 vehicles in their inventory but its a smaller dealer that should only have about 250 vehicles in stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
North City Honda. They have way too much inventor for a dealer of that size. They still have a couple 2018 CR-V's in stock. The dealer has over 450 vehicles in their inventory but its a smaller dealer that should only have about 250 vehicles in stock.
I called them regarding the 2018s they said the are listing them as used and selling them. Is that a thing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've never heard of that. I wonder if its to lower the sales tax or something like that
Hmmm. Geroge the manager said he would call me tomorrow with the pricing.
But it is very strange.
You bought a 2019 ex awd without the loyalty discount right? Did you ever ask about the exl awd on the 2019's pricing?

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX AWD
12 Posts
Hmmm. Geroge the manager said he would call me tomorrow with the pricing.
But it is very strange.
You bought a 2019 ex awd without the loyalty discount right? Did you ever ask about the exl awd on the 2019's pricing?
That is correct. I did not qualify for the loyalty discount. I only inquired about the 2019 EX AWD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Boston area. I saw a small dealer has almost twenty 2019 EX-Ls available online, got a quote of $27,500, OTD price would be around $ 29,900 ($500 dealer doc fee).
Is this a good price? (I feel it's not that good).

BTW, lowest quote I got for 2020 EX AWD is $27,200, OTD price $29,600 ($500 dealer doc fee).

Which one should I choose or should I wait? Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Boston area. I saw a small dealer has almost twenty 2019 EX-Ls available online, got a quote of $27,500, OTD price would be around $ 29,900 ($500 dealer doc fee).
Is this a good price? (I feel it's not that good).

BTW, lowest quote I got for 2020 EX AWD is $27,200, OTD price $29,600 ($500 dealer doc fee).

Which one should I choose or should I wait? Thanks.
I would assume that they are dying to get that 2019 off the lot. I am positive that you can talk them down at least $1000, probably more. Maybe ask them to eat the taxes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would assume that they are dying to get that 2019 off the lot. I am positive that you can talk them down at least $1000, probably more. Maybe ask them to eat the taxes.
I hope so. But right now they are very firm on the price, not willing to drop at all (they even rejected to offer any small random gifts/accessories at their asking price of around $29,900 OTD). I don't know what's going on. Maybe Honda dealers in the Boston area are doing great right now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hope so. But right now they are very firm on the price, not willing to drop at all (they even rejected to offer any small random gifts/accessories at their asking price of around $29,900 OTD). I don't know what's going on. Maybe Honda dealers in the Boston area are doing great right now.
They are playing hard ball with you, hoping you'll fold and give in. Play hard ball back with them. Wait a week and try them again.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Anyone making purchases/trades may enjoy these (no affiliation but have used his notes, for example how to figure out true trade value by using Kelley Blue book mean calculation of Private Party and Trade-In)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being in the Boston area, thought I'd chime in.

I believe it is reasonable to conclude that a better deal with this dealer could be obtained. However, there are a variety of dealers, approaches, and situations, so, who knows if they will come down a lot. Although, based on what's going on with "all stuff" going on, I agree with SnakeCharmer, that you could likely get a better price.

If this dealer happens to be near the Mass Turnpike (on a street parallel with it) just outside of Boston, then I will say more strongly that you could probably drive a better deal. although, maybe you'll have to wait until the 2021s start hitting their lot, presumably this fall. In general, new car sales are in a poor spot. Honda unit sales were down about 50% compared to year ago for March and April, and about 20% down for May and June. CR-V sales combined for March and April were down about 50% compared to 2019 for these two months; May and June is a different story being down by relatively low amount, about 8-9%.

A few months ago -- before COVID-19 hit -- I bought from said dealer near the Turnpike, and the price I paid for a new, 2019 EX-L was $28,000 (then add doc fee, taxes, etc.). For what it is worth, smooth sailing, and no games or time wasting, in all aspects with them during negotiation and purchase process. I've seen all the 2019 EX-Ls on their lot, and I've been thinking about getting another, assuming a transaction at a very appealing price, say, in the $26K +/- range. I believe it may be very possible. Of course, there are other factors that might matter to you, such as, the extent to which you need another vehicle!

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being in the Boston area, thought I'd chime in.

I believe it is reasonable to conclude that a better deal with this dealer could be obtained. However, there are a variety of dealers, approaches, and situations, so, who knows if they will come down a lot. Although, based on what's going on with "all stuff" going on, I agree with SnakeCharmer, that you could likely get a better price.

If this dealer happens to be near the Mass Turnpike (on a street parallel with it) just outside of Boston, then I will say more strongly that you could probably drive a better deal. although, maybe you'll have to wait until the 2021s start hitting their lot, presumably this fall. In general, new car sales are in a poor spot. Honda unit sales were down about 50% compared to year ago for March and April, and about 20% down for May and June. CR-V sales combined for March and April were down about 50% compared to 2019 for these two months; May and June is a different story being down by relatively low amount, about 8-9%.

A few months ago -- before COVID-19 hit -- I bought from said dealer near the Turnpike, and the price I paid for a new, 2019 EX-L was $28,000 (then add doc fee, taxes, etc.). For what it is worth, smooth sailing, and no games or time wasting, in all aspects with them during negotiation and purchase process. I've seen all the 2019 EX-Ls on their lot, and I've been thinking about getting another, assuming a transaction at a very appealing price, say, in the $26K +/- range. I believe it may be very possible. Of course, there are other factors that might matter to you, such as, the extent to which you need another vehicle!

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for sharing your insights! I believe we are talking about the same dealer.

We do not have a car and really need one, so we do not have much leverage to wait much longer. But we did not buy a 2019 EX-L. We went to this dealer and bought their last 2019 LX (made the decision the night before), because it has a classic 2.4L engine and because the price is very attractive.

2019 CR-V LX FWD
Price: $19,998 ($5,547 off MSRP $25,545, $2,965 off Invoice $22,963)
Dealer doc fee $495
MA Sales Tax $1,281
gov fees $ 167.5
OTD Price $ 21,941

We were debating between 2020 EX AWD, 2019 EX-L AWD , or 2016 EX-L or Touring AWD, because my husband wants a new car while I prefer 2016 CR-V's look and its 2.4L engine.

But eventually we settled with a 2019 LX FWD (a new car with a 2.4L engine)!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks a lot for sharing your insights! I believe we are talking about the same dealer.

We do not have a car and really need one, so we do not have much leverage to wait much longer. But we did not buy a 2019 EX-L. We went to this dealer and bought their last 2019 LX (made the decision the night before), because it has a classic 2.4L engine and because the price is very attractive.

2019 CR-V LX FWD
Price: $19,998 ($5,547 off MSRP $25,545, $2,965 off Invoice $22,963)
Dealer doc fee $495
MA Sales Tax $1,281
gov fees $ 167.5
OTD Price $ 21,941

We were debating between 2020 EX AWD, 2019 EX-L AWD , or 2016 EX-L or Touring AWD, because my husband wants a new car while I prefer 2016 CR-V's look and its 2.4L engine.

But eventually we settled with a 2019 LX FWD (a new car with a 2.4L engine)!
That strikes me as a phenomenal price!!! I wouldn't be surprised were this the best deal ever reported here for a 2019 LX. And, well done on getting the combination that satisfied both of you. Enjoy the CR-V!!!
(Sidebar - I used to live about one mile up the hill from this dealer.)

541 - 556 of 556 Posts