Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I posted in 2018 thread too.

Purchased on Jan 28th 2019 (negotiated in store on Jan 26th 2019)

2018 Honda CR-V EX 2WD (Molten Lava Pearl, Brand New Odometer 13 Miles)

MSRP: $28095 (Includes destination and handling fee)
Sale Price: $24558 (discount $3537 12.6% off MSRP, sale price includes destination and handling fee)
Sales Tax: 9.6% (yes its Louisiana, State Tax: 4.45%, Parish Tax: 5.15%)
Dealer Fee: $200
TTL: $196.50
Waste Tire Fee: $11.25
1.9% APR for 60 months through American Honda (Total interest would be $1100, since I did $5k down payment using a credit card)

Total Price: $28423 OTD, everything including interest on finance over 60 months.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I just purchased, a few days ago, a new 2019 Honda CRV EX-L AWD
My out-the-door price (including taxes, fees, title, registration, etc) was $31,300

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few more details:
I only dealt with the dealerships willing to give an out-the-door price. Out of the 16 I asked by email, only 10 reply with this info (6 in writing, 4 over the phone).

My plan was to visit my top 3.
I started with the second on my list, since the 3rd was rather far from my place. After lengthy discussions, they dropped their OTD price, jumping on top of my list.
I left to check with the initial number one (now the second best), but despite my efforts, their were unable to further drop their price below their best internet quote.
I then decided not to visit the 3rd best anymore, since I had no expectations for further discounts.

So I went back to dealership I visited first and closed the deal.

Here is my list (the one market in yellow is the winner, see their initial quote and the final one)

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few more details:
I only dealt with the dealerships willing to give an out-the-door price. Out of the 16 I asked by email, only 10 reply with this info (6 in writing, 4 over the phone).

My plan was to visit my top 3.
I started with the second on my list, since the 3rd was rather far from my place. After lengthy discussions, they dropped their OTD price, jumping on top of my list.
I left to check with the initial number one (now the second best), but despite my efforts, their were unable to further drop their price below their best internet quote.
I then decided not to visit the 3rd best anymore, since I had no expectations for further discounts.

So I went back to dealership I visited first and closed the deal.

Here is my list (the one market in yellow is the winner, see their initial quote and the final one)

View attachment 128979
MSRP for 2019 EX-L AWD is $29750 (excluding freight), so you got a discount of $2228 for your sale price of $27522, which is 8% off MSRP. If I had to make a choice I would go with 2018, keeping in mind there is no difference between 2018 and 2019 except depreciation value. The dealership I purchased my card, was ready to give 15% discount if I pay all upfront, cash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That makes sense. From my research, the 2018 model is about $1,000 cheaper. This number is more or less in line with the discount you mentioned.
But in my case, the 2018 model was only available with the expensive dealers at the bottom of my list. Basically a 2018 model bought from them, was as expensive (maybe even more) than the 2019 model offered by the dealers on top of my list.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
2019 AWD Touring, Molten Lava/Ivory, paid $33,033, sticker was $35,025, nothing additional installed, I bought a exact same but 2018 w/a heated wheel form them last year for $33,333.00 (they said they split the difference on the wheel.
First Choice Honda, Laramie WY

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bought one yesterday and they're swapping for the color we want as they didn't have any on the lot but breakdown:

2019 EX-L AWD
$29,380

Included in that price is the doc fee of $250 split (we paying $125), $150 all-weather floor mats, them paying to get the front windows tinted, and first 2 free oil changes.

They did the old "what can we do to get you to buy today?" routine so I said take another $500 off ($29,880). They said okay. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bought one yesterday and they're swapping for the color we want as they didn't have any on the lot but breakdown:

2019 EX-L AWD
$29,380

Included in that price is the doc fee of $250 split (we paying $125), $150 all-weather floor mats, them paying to get the front windows tinted, and first 2 free oil changes.

They did the old "what can we do to get you to buy today?" routine so I said take another $500 off ($29,880). They said okay. :D
Apparently, we can't edit posts? Anyway, MSRP was $32,145 on it. I had another dealer at $29,600 with doc fee included and them tinting the front windows. We talked about this the other day at the dealer I bought from but they forgot about doc fee being included so they were going to match the 29,600 but the doc fee would have been on top of that. So not too shabby for an EX-L AWD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apparently, we can't edit posts? Anyway, MSRP was $32,145 on it. I had another dealer at $29,600 with doc fee included and them tinting the front windows. We talked about this the other day at the dealer I bought from but they forgot about doc fee being included so they were going to match the 29,600 but the doc fee would have been on top of that. So not too shabby for an EX-L AWD.

What city are you in?

I'm looking for the same thing in California

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought in NC this week...2019 EX-L 2wd MSRP was $30,795... Costco Buying Plan discount was $2,761...net was $28,034...had them throw in all season mats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a deal on the line... does it look good to you guys ? is that loyalty discount still lingering around that you know of ?

MSRP: 32195 (EX-L awd)
Salesprice: 28900 (10.2% discount)
Tax: 1735
Tags / Fees: 265
Net Cost: 30900

41 - 60 of 499 Posts