Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 CRV Price reporting thread

227K views 555 replies 264 participants last post by  ott 
#1 ·
Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

FWD/AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Picture of your new ride is encouraged.

#2 ·
Greetings!

I don't have a CR-V yet and this is the first vehicle I've actually purchased on my own (parents purchased before now), but I'm negotiating for a 2019 CR-V Touring AWD with the addition of back-up sensors. I live in southern Ohio and hoped that you folks could give me your input whether the offered pricing seems like a good deal.

MSRP per Honda's website (inc. destination): $35,145
Out-the-door price at dealership (all-in price: 7.5% tax, licensing, etc.): $34,488.69 (saving almost 1.9% off MSRP)

If it's not a solid offer, any suggestions on how to approach with a counteroffer? This dealership is the lowest price I've found in an hour's driving distance and I feel good about the deal, but would like to hear from more experienced buyers.

Thanks!

-Dori

#12 ·
Don't do it! You look up the Columbus dealers, our favorite is Hugh White. Down in Appalachia they practice captive market tactics, do not be surprised if they will harass you when you back out. Look on cars.com, and go for the lowest nationwide price for your trim, do not even show up at a dealer who is not willing to negotiate over the phones. You can get 3k off MSRP easily. We just got our 2018 Odyssey top trim 4k below.

#3 ·
To get opinions on any car deal, you need to delete any pricing on taxes or tag. In other words give us the MSRP and the OTD price from the dealer and include any of his fees (documentation, transportation etc). The difference(discount) as a percentage was running 8-10% for the 2018 CRVs, but since this one was just introduced, I don't know if you can get that good a deal.

Taxes and such are different for each state so they need to be removed so we can compare apples to apples.

#10 ·
Both of the Honda dealers I checked are in Tennessee, one in the Nashville area, and one in Cookeville.

I checked a couple dealers in Knoxville, TN, which is East of Cookeville.
One has two in stock, and six more "arriving soon".
Another has 9 in stock: two LX, two EX, four EX-L, one Touring.

I checked another dealer in Murfreesboro, which is south of Nashville.
LX - three arriving soon, two are FWD, one AWD
EX - two in stock, one arriving soon, all FWD
EX-L - two FWD arriving soon
Touring - three FWD in stock, one FWD arriving soon

#13 ·
amagmom

I received an OTD quote in New Jersey for a 2018 Honda CRV-EX AWD of $27,941.00 including fees but before taxes with a 1.9% financing rate. Is this a qood price?

I was comparing the the 2018 and 2019 models. I don't see any significant differences other than an approximately 4K price differential. I keep my cars for many years. Any thoughts on whether to get a 2018 or 2019?

#19 ·
I received an OTD quote in New Jersey for a 2018 Honda CRV-EX AWD of $27,941.00 including fees but before taxes with a 1.9% financing rate. Is this a qood price?

I was comparing the the 2018 and 2019 models. I don't see any significant differences other than an approximately 4K price differential. I keep my cars for many years. Any thoughts on whether to get a 2018 or 2019?
If you keep your cars for an extended amount of time the difference between the 2018 and 2019 will be minimal as the depreciation factor will work in your favor when buying the 2018. If you trade every 2 or 3 years the 2018 might not be the way to go depending upon the actual price you pay.

If you can drop in the values shown below the folks who respond here will be able to provide you with more thoughts regarding how your proposed deal stacks up:

Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

FWD/AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Good Luck with your decision and purchase!

#14 ·
So here are my numbers for a 2019 CRV ex in Canada.

MSRP - 35585

Discount on ACP - -631

Discount from 2019 to 2018 - -300

Discount nice guy - -850

Selling price of vehicle - 33804

Tire recycling fee - 120

AMVIC - 6.25

Alberta comfort package - 978

Vehicle + Fees - 34908.25

Trade in value - -13500

Taxable price - 21408.25

Tax (0.5%) - 1070.41

Price with tax - 22478.66

Lien on trade in - 10747.19

Final price - 33225.85

Cost of borrowing @ 4% - 3449.82

Total price to finance - 36675.67

Bi-weekly payment for 60 months - 282.12

Dealer markup (Estimated from websites) – 2351

My discounts - -1781 + 500 go card

Dealer made – 70 after go card

So as i see it, i did pretty well.

Does anyone see any problems here or anything that could have been done differently?

#16 ·
Don't let this thread die. It can be very useful to new buyers.
Here is my info. Hopefully it is helpful to you.

Yesterday I bought a Basque Red Pearl 2019 Honda CRV EX-L Front Wheel Drive

MSRP was $30,745
Dealer installed extras (window tint, lock on wheel hubs, all weather carpet, scratch paint protect) was $1300
Processing fee $129
Total MSRP was $32,174

I paid $$29,292 out the door.

Discount of 8.96%.

I was pleased and thought I got a good deal!:banana:

This thread was not very helpful to me since very few people posted their results!

Please post your results to help other folks negotiate a good price.

#27 ·
CRV EXL-L in NJ

Modern Steel / Black Interior
MSRP (inc destination): 32,145

Sale price (inc destination: $28810
Doc Fee: $398
Window Etching and Wheel Locks: $398
NJ Tax: $1961
Title/Reg (4 years): $301
Tire Tax: $7.50

OTD Price: $31,883

Qualified for Honda Grad Cash: $500 toward down payment
Financed for 1.9% over 36 months.

#35 ·
2019 Honda EXL 2WD

Base price 27,799
Dealer fee 699
OTD price (including GA ad valorem tax and title) 30,660
2.9% APR 60 months Honda Financial

Not included in the above price:
I usually don't buy anything the dealer offers after finalizing the price of the car but:

I also bought a Autonation Dealer service contract for 12 services for 699. I don't do oil changes myself on cars I own that I can't get under without jacking them up. I do the oil changes on my truck as I can get under it easily and the filter is on top of the motor.

I also bought an extended warranty that extends the factory warranty to 60K and also covers replacing the battery, brakes and rotors, and key if I lose it. I checked with the service department before buying the extended warranty to ensure I was guaranteed a replacement battery and front and rear brakes and rotors. The cost for it was 698. I know.... I probably got ripped on this but I figure once I subtract the cost of battery and brakes from what I paid, the extended warranty isn't costing me much. Getting the additional warranty coverage convinced me to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.