Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 CRV Seats/Venting

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  butterfreak 
The EX I didn’t get leather cause it’s so hot where I live it gets hot and sticky.
Also how absurd is a company to move the backup camera from dead center to the side? The reverse guidelines are all off (acting as though it’s from centered vision) and where I live I’m constantly backing into spots in garages. Do you think I’d be insane to trade it in back for a gently used 2016? Not being comfortable in my car is driving me insane and I live in a real driving city.
Only you can decide as to keep or replace, but I agree that driving comfort is an important factor in any vehicle.

I agree with you about leather being a problem in warm climates (I live in a warm part of California in summer) but I personally like the durability of leather seats over cloth.. so I just put a set of good quality sheepskin covers on my seats first thing when I bring a new vehicle home and that solves the heat issue entirely for me.

An EX comes with the 8-way power adjust drivers seat. I drive a Touring, but I believe the driver seats are the same (Touring adds power adjust to the passenger seat as well). I have a very old back injury and so I too am sensitive to seat design and comfort.. and other then the Lumbar support being a bit weak in the gen5 power seats (I have to set it almost to max for my needs), all the other adjustments are great and it took me a couple of drives and some setting adjustments to get the seat where it was comfortable for me on both long and short rides.

If it were me, I would do more adjustment and testing of settings on the power seat adjustments, before throwing in the towel.

Am I the only one who can’t see out of the rear window cuz the rear seat head rests are too tall? I think I am going to remove them
I would not remove them, as they are there for whiplash safety for rear seat passengers.

They can be removed of course. But I'm not sure that will improve rear window visibility much. One of the downfalls to Compact SUVs (across the various brands) is that they tend to have small rear windows with limited visibility. This would be a case where rear camera view on demand would be a plus in the CRV... which you can do if you install the most recent version of HondaHack on your Head Unit, as I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.