Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 CRV had steering wheel toggle that was touch sensitive. That toggle had ridges. The 2019 steering wheel volume control is flat and doesn't appear to support touch. Is this the same with everyone?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I do like the touch sensitive volume control in our 2017, hope Honda didn't kill it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hope they DID kill it. It's more complicated than it needs to be. A simple up/down rocker switch would be better.

In my opinion, getting rid of some of the needlessly complicated gizmos and do-dads and making them simpler would be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah my 2019 also doesn’t have touch volume anymore. From what I believe, too many people accidentally triggered volume changes so they have removed to a simple up and down instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
I hope they DID kill it. It's more complicated than it needs to be. A simple up/down rocker switch would be better.

In my opinion, getting rid of some of the needlessly complicated gizmos and do-dads and making them simpler would be a step in the right direction.
On the 17's and 18's there is a setting to turn off the volume slider, while keeping the up and down function.

EDIT: added link:
https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/168026-things-i-am-blown-away.html

·
Registered
866 Posts
On the 17's and 18's there is a setting to turn off the volume slider, while keeping the up and down function.

EDIT: added link:
https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/168026-things-i-am-blown-away.html
To both my and our dealer's surprise, the Clarity has the same ridged volume slider as my 17 CRV, but the slider is disabled. This was after they replaced it to try and get it to work.

So this fits with the discussion that Honda is going away from the slider. It kinda sucks on the Clarity though because no knob either.

The Clarity itself is a Frankenstein of a car. But we love it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V
55 Posts

I agree the touch-sensitive volume was kinda fun at first. but that's it. once you start driving in the highway, it becomes useless cause it doesn't have 'fine' enough control over the volume. I basically ended up going too high or too low and had to divert my attention from driving to the volume. If not that, i also kept on accidentally brushing against it which would then change the volume. I just ended up turning it off and just pressing the button was miles better and required less attention

·
Registered
64 Posts
I disabled the slider function on my 2017 CR-V Touring after a few months. It was annoying and did not function smoothly for me. I much prefer the simple up/down volume function.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like it, but it took some getting used to. I'm glad that it does have a toggle in software in case I change my mind.

It seems to me that simply defaulting the option to off would have made more sense.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also did NOT like the washboard volume ridges on my 2017 so killing that feature on the 2019 would be OK with me. At night it was hard to adjust the volume by feel because the ridges were so sensitive & the ridges were never precise about how much up or down was being adjusted. I always had to look to see what to touch to change volume from the wheel.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I also like the steering wheel volume control. After a while I have gotten used to the slider and have become good at using it. It does take some practice. Of course it can be disabled through the menu if desired.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of it. It is too sensitive to adjust when driving, so I disabled it. The toggle is easier to control. I have seen professional reviews that criticized the sensitivity of it too. I wonder if between that and telemetry Honda is likely getting when folks connect to Honda Link that they just decided it should be eliminated because it wasn't something heavily used and was heavily criticized.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts