Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am taking delivery today of my 2019 Touring. Is there anything I should look out for on the car prior to taking delivery?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just the usual - any dings or scratches, look at the interior for marks, etc

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Have the dealer remove all 'dealer' stickers and license plate frames, unless they agree to pay you $50.00 per month (US or CAD).

Have fun with your new 'V!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
Before you start the engine to drive the car away, have the dealer pull the dipstick so that you can note the oil level. Take a picture of what they show you.

<<DUCKS>> :popcorn:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the feedback.. I am hoping the oil dilution issue has been totally fixed with the 2019s.. being in the cold part of region, i am hoping this is not going to be a headache

will also be doing a thorough review for dents and scratches...

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks for all the feedback.. I am hoping the oil dilution issue has been totally fixed with the 2019s.. being in the cold part of region, i am hoping this is not going to be a headache

will also be doing a thorough review for dents and scratches...
Report back in a couple of weeks, curious to see if it is having the oil dilution issue.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Make sure you get all the keys. 2 fobs and valet key.
BUZZZ! Thank you for playing!

"The new CR-V's come with two fobs, each with a valet key inside them, Johnny who's next up on our show: 'You Wanna Know about your CR-V?'"

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
BUZZZ! Thank you for playing!

"The new CR-V's come with two fobs, each with a valet key inside them, Johnny who's next up on our show: 'You Wanna Know about your CR-V?'"

Speaking of that,

Don't forget to download (or request in PAPER) the FULL 600+ page Owners Manual from the Honda Ownerlink:

http://owners.honda.com/

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, I am sure you will enjoy the vehicle as much as I am enjoying mine.

Rob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Open hood all doors and tail gate, check for paint work. Give aways are over spray or tape lines in the jams or sharp edges on the doors. If it has more the 10 miles don’t buy it. Anything with 20 or more miles was driven somewhere. Loosened screws or fasteners are easily identified. Factory finish is always more durable then repainted panels or bumpers. Especially front bumpers and hood. Otherwise enjoy your new suv. Apply a good amount of turtle wax ice from day 1 and reapply ever 2 months and the paint will stay slick and the car will self dry at 40 mph. Enjoy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all for the advise. I am enjoying the new car and loving the platinum white pearl paint. The car had 13kms (8 miles) on it. I will look into the turtle wax ice... good idea as I plan to keep this car for a very long time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just checked out a 2019 and without turning on the car I could not see any minor differences from the 2018.
Was 100% the same. Just wondering if there are any subtle dashboard differences like there was from 2017 to 2018.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
376 Posts
Just checked out a 2019 and without turning on the car I could not see any minor differences from the 2018.
Was 100% the same. Just wondering if there are any subtle dashboard differences like there was from 2017 to 2018.
The only difference that I'm aware of is one of the exterior color offerings.
2018 - Platinum White Pearl
2019 - White Diamond Pearl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts