Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All 2019 Honda CR-V SUVs manufactured from Oct. 3, 2018 through Sept. 18, 2019.

The problem: The owner’s manual contains incorrect information about how the airbag system works.

The fix: Honda will mail stickers to owners that can be placed over the incorrect information.

The owners manual incorrectly describes when the Passenger Airbag Off indicator should illuminate. After an owner discovered the error and complained to Honda, the automaker started an internal investigation and determined that the owner’s manual needed to be corrected. Therefore, Honda will send stickers that state the correct information—plus instructions on how to apply the sticker—to owners of the affected vehicles. These stickers will be sent out starting in November.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wonder why this even got changed from the 17 and 18? Did they change the wording in the manual or the behavior of the light? I've seen one say "Off" any time it was off and I've seen one say "Off" just when it detected something in the seat but was too light to turn it on.

·
Registered
491 Posts
According to TSB 19-104, the problem is with the Owner's Guide, not the Owner's Manual. Honda will only mail out a notification to affected owners. Owners must take their Guide to the dealer who will apply the stickers.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
According to TSB 19-104, the problem is with the Owner's Guide, not the Owner's Manual. Honda will only mail out a notification to affected owners. Owners must take their Guide to the dealer who will apply the stickers.
I'm chuckling at the idea that somebody would make a special trip to the dealer to have a sticker placed in the parts of the manual nobody ever reads. (Okay, nobody except for the person that pointed it out to Honda.) Here's to hoping the sticker comes with instructions as to what page to apply it, so especially brave souls can hazard the danger of sticker placement all by themselves.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm chuckling at the idea that somebody would make a special trip to the dealer to have a sticker placed in the parts of the manual nobody ever reads. (Okay, nobody except for the person that pointed it out to Honda.) Here's to hoping the sticker comes with instructions as to what page to apply it, so especially brave souls can hazard the danger of sticker placement all by themselves.
The dealer will apply the stickers as detailed in the TSB.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I wonder why this even got changed from the 17 and 18? Did they change the wording in the manual or the behavior of the light? I've seen one say "Off" any time it was off and I've seen one say "Off" just when it detected something in the seat but was too light to turn it on.
You can read what the stickers say in the TSB and compare with your Owner's Guide. Link is under Recalls, TSB heading.

·
Banned
249 Posts
My local dealer called me last week about it. I'm going in tomorrow to have them apply the sticker and update the guide...service advisor said it'll take 5-10 mins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts