Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a relay/diode mod to make the low beam and fog lights come on with the High Beam?
I found a tutorial for an older model, but I don't know if it'd work the exact way for mine.

I'd also like to make it where the Fogs are able to come on with the parking lights.

I've done this mod on my GM products, but this is the first Honda I've ever owned.

The whole purpose is my wife and I both travel pitch black roads between towns where we live. Not a single street light anywhere. We have gators that cross the road without warning, so the sooner we see anything the better.

Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based upon the info I'm getting the Relay Control Module does all the lighting feed.
There aren't any fuses under hood, nor in car for head lights/fog lights

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to be a basic harness from the relay control module.
So if that's the case I should be able to use the High beam to trigger a relay. Then have the low beam ground through the relay allowing for the low beams to come on with the high beam. I don't know if the fog lights would follow on the factory switch or not.
If they don't then I'd need to add another ground through the relay to trigger the fogs on.

My only concern is if the Relay Control Module was to see a "ground" on the Low beam and Fog light would I get a code or have an odd issue.
So I was thinking of soldering in a diode per low beam and fog light before the High Beam relay connection. Just to keep ground from back feeding into the main electronics ?

Is there anyone smarter than me that could shine some light on the subject or break the idea down for it to actually work?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2B724898-F1B1-4E0D-9EA9-62722CB1F1AF.jpeg

Honda is 4 Hi from the factory. So now it just seems I need to figure out how I want to trigger the Fog Lights.

I think it'll end up being a waterproof relay, that has a diode from the lead on the relay, then another one going back to "factory" wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts