Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle has the Hankook Kinergy GT Tires. I know the 2019 is supposed to have the noise mitigation system on all of the time but I still have more road noise from I assume the tires which are supposed to be quiet. Anyone tackled the same issue with deadening material ?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Vehicle has the Hankook Kinergy GT Tires. I know the 2019 is supposed to have the noise mitigation system on all of the time but I still have more road noise from I assume the tires which are supposed to be quiet. Anyone tackled the same issue with deadening material ?
Yes. Those tires don't help though, they are pretty universally disliked around here.

My sound deadening project is here:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
They are not the quietest of tires, but I do like them because they handle well and they appear to have good treadwear so far.

Tread design has a lot to do with road noise, as does the actual road surface and road speed, and while we can all wish that Honda would load up the chassis with noise dampening materials (and they do some of this), a compact SUV will never be a limo in terms of noise and quality of ride.

In my experience with the Hankooks is that they appear to be more noisy then I expect on some road surfaces. The rougher the surface, the more the Hankooks make noise. It is literally night and day moving from a very smooth road surface to one with more course road surface to it.

Then again... it's an SUV... with SUV tires, and they are always noisier then a regular car platform. In particular, a lot of noise from the back cargo area, even with the cargo screen in place. The active noise management system in the CRV helps some..but I also notice sometimes it creates odd little noises as it tries to do what it does.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
We have the same tires on our V........no complaints here after 12K miles.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Tires also get noisier with age as the synthetic rubber gets harder with age.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Tires also get noisier with age as the synthetic rubber gets harder with age.
In fact.. most tire manufacturers have a time based warranty on top of the miles based warranty.. and in many cases the tires will be out of time based warranty before they are tread-bare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts