Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post in this forum. We purchased a 2019 EX about 4 months ago and it currently has around 9000 miles on it. The front left wheel bearing is already bad. Has anybody else had an experience with this?

·
Registered
2009 CRV
137 Posts
Was it growling? We have a 2018 and we havent had any issues, we have 21k miles on it. Sounds like the part had issues from the start and just took 9k miles to show its true colors, I would not worry.

My Subaru on the other hand, talk about a company that cant seem to make wheel bearings last, every single one had to be replaced. Everyone on the forum was replacing wheel bearings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange you say
Was it growling? We have a 2018 and we havent had any issues, we have 21k miles on it. Sounds like the part had issues from the start and just took 9k miles to show its true colors, I would not worry.

My Subaru on the other hand, talk about a company that cant seem to make wheel bearings last, every single one had to be replaced. Everyone on the forum was replacing wheel bearings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange you say that! I have an 01 Outback as well that’s had no apparent WB issues.

The front on our CRV started making a light roaring sound about 7.5-8k miles in. It almost sounded like a tire issue at first. Had it checked out and ended up being the WB.

·
Registered
2009 CRV
137 Posts
Strange you say that! I have an 01 Outback as well that’s had no apparent WB issues.

The front on our CRV started making a light roaring sound about 7.5-8k miles in. It almost sounded like a tire issue at first. Had it checked out and ended up being the WB.
That is good as it was a very expensive repair, IIRC over $1,600 although the dealer was awesome and covered half of it! Honda does not seem to be plagued with WB issues, especially not at such low mileage. I would believe it was just a bad part

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oddly enough, I'm having this exact issue on a 2016 CRV EX-L w/Navi. Happening at 24K miles too - and comes with the classic "howling" sound when the steering wheel is turned to the left. This is my 4th Honda - the other three with well over 125K miles, and I've never had a wheel bearing replaced.

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
1,614 Posts
My 2007 made a rumbling noise. Just did the wheel bearing today.
Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Watched youtube on how to change a front wheel bearing. They always make it look so easy. I got stuck when it came time to removed the "C" clip. It was so rusted in there. Rust welded. It definitely did not want to come out. And the damn thing is made from real steel. It took me three hours with a Dremel and 8 cut off wheels to get that thing out. When I got it out, I thought the hard part is over. Not. The bearing did not want to come out. Nor did the ABS sensor. Broke the ABS sensor. Apparently, the plate used to push the bearing thru was either too big or too small. Too big and it would not go thru the knuckle. Too small and it would go inside of the bearing and expand it. Making it tighter in the hole. Finally managed to get the bearing out using brute force (impact wrench). The rest, putting it back together was easy. But, needed to bend back the dust plate so it would not rub against the new hub. Just went on line and ordered a cheap ABS sensor (Japan built vehicle). Test drive the vehicle and no more noise. Too old to be doing this kind of work. My body hurts all over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts