Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Is there a setting to give an alert when in reverse and near a structure? I have the rear camera, but no alert sound when I get close to something.
Not in the US. There is a dealer installed accessory but it doesn't have very good reviews. Main complaint is the alert sound comes from the rear of the vehicle is is not loud enough.

There are other threads here about this.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No. Since it's not a stereoscopic camera, the car has no idea if the shape is an object or the ground. If you want warning beeps, there's the factory system, or a bazillion (much cheaper) aftermarket kits on Amazon. (Just search for "backup sensor kit".)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
Is there a setting to give an alert when in reverse and near a structure? I have the rear camera, but no alert sound when I get close to something.
Cameras are bad for this task. The right solution is a set of emitters/sensors that can actually detect objects. Mixed reviews on Hondas after market product for this.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
No sound, but you can easily see the rear bumper on the screen. There are 3 selectable camera views.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones with 3 selectable camera views?......really? I believe the reverse camera and selectable views are discussed in the owner's manual. If your display/backup camera is black/doesn't work, when in reverse, why don't you take it to the dealership and get it fixed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts