Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help diagnosing what is wrong with my 2019 Honda CR-V. When I am sitting idle at the stop light or parked, it will do this noise. The noise increases as the day goes on or the more I drive. It stops after a minute or when I accelerate to a certain speed (such as 40mph). It is coming from under the dashboard towards the engine. Please help!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
959 Posts
There was a heater core tsb for rattling but that doesnt sound too good. Id bring it in to the dealer.
Have you had someone rev it with hood up to see id anything is unbolted/loose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a heater core tsb for rattling but that doesnt sound too good. Id bring it in to the dealer.
Have you had someone rev it with hood up to see id anything is unbolted/loose
I brought it to a Honda dealership today. They did a multi point inspection to not tell me what was wrong but that they needed to further investigate for a couple hours. Said they have an idea but won't go further until I said yes to the amount if it was not covered under warranty. So I would presume they did that test but I was not there. Should I call for specifications or just go to a local mechanic to diagnose?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So they didnt tell you what they thought could be wrong? How nice of them.

I wouldnt be visiting that dealership ever again.

Is there another Honda dealer you could visit?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I brought it to a Honda dealership today. They did a multi point inspection to not tell me what was wrong but that they needed to further investigate for a couple hours. Said they have an idea but won't go further until I said yes to the amount if it was not covered under warranty. So I would presume they did that test but I was not there. Should I call for specifications or just go to a local mechanic to diagnose?
I'm not even sure what this says. They want you to pay for them to investigate the rattling? So did they hear it or not? As soon as they hear it and it's abnormal, this is their problem/warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your 2019 CRV is still under warranty unless you are over 36,000 miles. If you are under 36k take it to the dealership and tell them to call you when it's repaired.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I am sure most are covered by a warranty, but if its something that is like recycling oil, tires there may be a charge. never know the fine print says till its done, I agree go elsewhere. of another private dealer, let us know how that went?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts