Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Honda CRV (and first car!) yesterday. Funnily enough we were on our way to buy a Nissan Rogue and stopped by a Honda dealership to test drive just incase. 5 hours later we drove off with our EX-L.

Now that I've got it home, I'm already looking into getting all-weather mats and splash guards.

Does anyone here have any good recommendations for these? Did folks just go through the dealer for the parts? I can't seem to find OEM parts for the 2019 CRV online yet.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to chatting more on here!

·
Registered
467 Posts
OEM mats don’t offer the coverage that aftermarket ones do. Look at Husky or WeatherTech floorliners. I have always bought WeatherTech ones for my vehicles and my family and have never been disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I also recommend Weathertech floorliners. I've had them in several vehicles, and it's one of the first things I bought for my 2014 CR-V.

There are several online Honda parts stores that show the splash guards for sale. I'm in the US, and my personal favorite is: https://www.handa-accessories.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the replies. The handa accesessories site looks great so I’ll probably get splash guards from there and pick up weather tech mats.

Do you all have recommendations for any other accessories you’ve really valued? We’re thinking about the Rear Panel Protectors as well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have the Weathertech floorliners for the front and rear seats, a Weathertech cargo tray, and Weathertech Window Deflectors.

I like that the floorliners come in multiple colors, so you can match your interior.
My CR-V has the tan/beige interior, so I have the tan floorliners and cargo tray.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I remember reading that here before, I was just commenting that I have a lot of Weathertech products in my CR-V.
And Weathertech does have the other products I mentioned.
They make the Mats but as of now no deflectors.

I have yet to find an in channel window deflector that fits the gen 5. Their are external mount deflectors that work.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Their are external mount deflectors that work.
I know Honda sells their own version, but it uses double sided tape as part of the mounting process.
I don't want to do that to my CR-V.
I want in channel vent visors and have tried AVS and Lund and both do not stay in place. I was able to return them. I'm waiting forvWeathetech to come out with in channel vents but as of yet they do not sell them. Supposedly under development.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I self-installed the Honda OEM splash guards yesterday on my 2019 EX-L. There's no change from 2017-2018 so you can order from any OEM part supplier. Super easy self-install, just a few screws on each one. Less than an hour overall to do all four.

They are maybe a bit small for use as actual mud guards, but I mainly got them because I liked the look. I think the wheel wheel looks a little unfinished without them. I'm happy with the end result.

I picked up the OEM all-weather mats with the blue cr-v logo. Looks nice, good fit. They are a bit slippery right now but I imagine they will break in. I do like weather tech but I'm in california so didn't really need anything heavy-duty.

(I also self-installed the side body panels. Comes with templates to hold the parts in place so it's a pretty foolproof installl. I like the finished look.)

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do check out the oem mats, esp high wall. They are built to last. Mine are nearly 16 years old on the TSX and as good as new.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,636 Posts
I have the Honda splash guards, floor matts, and cargo mat. They all fit perfectly and are very effective and durable. No regrets and am a happy Honda owner.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the Honda OEM blue logo floor mats and the OEM rear cargo liner, and they seem to be high quality. Total cost for everything was equal to only the Weather Tech floor mats.

The Weather Techs might have slightly better coverage, but who cares. Of all the used vehicles I have sold, I never once had someone lift the floor mats to check the condition of the carpeting underneath.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you live where it snows WeatherTech and Husky Floorliners are better than the OEM mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts