Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if any of the 2019 CRV's with the 1.5T are still having the problem with oil dilution and poor cabin heat? This vehicle was on our shopping list and I have removed it due to the OD situation. Also living in Northern Ont requires heat in the vehicle! Friends have the 2017/18 and they are not happy with the situation despite receiving a letter from Honda Canada extending warranty to six years on PT. When I write a cheque for $40+ I want to make damn sure I am not buying a vehicle being sold under a black cloud of fraud by the dealers. These vehicles are being sold with customers having no idea of the OD situation. Talked to a gentleman here yesterday and asked him if he had received his recall for his 2017 CRV Touring. His response was "For what?" When I told him he immediately checked his dipstick for gas. It was highly evident! Not too happy and will be visiting dealer on Monday.
Some feel that this is not a big problem however how many do we not know about that are not reporting through sites such as this? The fact that "The Fix" does not seem to be working is a step backward and nothing more than a band-aide approach to ease the pressure by the customers by Honda.

This is a very bad situation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have checked there but I am specifically asking about 2019 MY. Thought this would bring that MY to a separate thread which is easier than trying to locate the 19's in the 2017/18 posts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 19 heats up normally, no issues. We had a BMW before--no dipstick, maybe that's the best solution! It was also a 4, 2 liters, turbo.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Loved the comment, I bought the car in March 2018....... dah, so how does that make it a 2019 ..... maybe just typo on the first entry.
LOL. The VIN #s of the two oldest entries (Dec 26 and Jan 7) are 2017-18. The other entries are all 2019s (K). The Feb 3 entry from Maine is not encouraging, same cold engine - no heat - no defrost problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2017 EX that has had zero issues, but after all I have read about the OD problems and Honda's reaction to it, I just don't trust it. Therefore, I am very interested in any discussion about the 2019 model. Hoping honda does a mid-model refresh and replaces the whole engine for 2020....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Same engine as previous and they don't have fix yet for previous ones so it will likely that same issue will be encountered for 2019

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it has OIl dilution issues. I bought my 2019 just a month ago. Its stopped on the middle of road with burning smell inside. And all warning lights on the screen. I suggest no one buy Honda CRV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please see my separate post regarding flash point of the oil. My oil had a flash point of 230 degrees fahrenheit and 215 degrees fahrehneit at both oil change intervals. This is a very dangerous situation.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes it has OIl dilution issues. I bought my 2019 just a month ago. Its stopped on the middle of road with burning smell inside. And all warning lights on the screen. I suggest no one buy Honda CRV
First post with no details of the issue. In my mind it's doubtful the person can have enough fuel in the oil in the first few hundred miles of ownership to cause the vehicle to have misfires and the system completely shut down. Probably a troll.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First post with no details of the issue. In my mind it's doubtful the person can have enough fuel in the oil in the first few hundred miles of ownership to cause the vehicle to have misfires and the system completely shut down. Probably a troll.
Actually, Honda had a recall on this on March 5th for all 2017-2019 CR-V's and I quote "Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used inventory". So yes it is happening to brand new CR-V's. honey 557 - I feel your pain!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So everyone who complains about Honda is a troll in your mind :=)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
So everyone who complains about Honda is a troll in your mind :=)
When they join, post one comment and never come back, ya people don't go through all that if the problem is really that bad. They would be here discussing it. They probably learned of a recall for an issue and came here to troll. You don't come to a forum to make a single post and never come back. That's what all the review sites are for. I'm not defending Honda but I have been on enough forums over the years to know 99 out of 100 times a user like that is a troll.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my CR V 2019 last two months, and it need 3 times for the oil change and fix. I really disappointed in the way Honda doing. They must do something for us.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.