Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know why I totally wrote off the base level Passport Sport in my buying process, but looking at the features it offers on the website yesterday, 15 days after I took delivery of the CR-V, I kind of wish I had gone that direction instead. I figure it would cost me about $7-9K in depreciation and lost money I've spend on accessories already, plus the actual difference in price from one to the other, to swap at this point. The same dealer has a 2019 Passport Sport in the color scheme I like. I think I need my mommy. ?

I know this is a CR-V forum and I don't expect much sympathy. This is no criticism of the CR-V. I really like it. I just think at this point that I'd like the Passport more. It's bigger, tougher, more rugged, and not as common on the road, since most people buying a Honda in that class opt for the Pilot. I have absolutely no use for a third row.

The good news for me is that the 2020 Passport is not getting any major changes from 2019, so I can wait and still do it later on, anytime in the 2020 calendar year, if I really get the urge.

I'm just beating myself up so much over not having done proper research, which is really not like me at all. I guess what happened is I looked at the Passport early on and wrote it off because I wasn't considering base trims of any models I was considering at the time. The Passport EX and above had way too much stuff that I totally knew I didn't want and wouldn't accept under any circumstances. Then things changed and I ended up deciding the CR-V base model was preferable to the CR-V EX, and I never went back to look at all the other models I'd considered from the start using this new criteria.

Lesson here is GO SLOWLY no matter how fast they pressure you to buy at the dealer. And if the dealer is not pressuing you, since many dealers don't do that, DO NOT PRESSURE YOURSELF. Never, ever, ever allow yourself to rush for any reason, even if you yourself are the only person who is being impatient.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Regarding the Passport.......is the ingress/egress easier than the CRV?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks people... I wrote this at a time when I was overly concerned with mileage range per tank on the CR-V. I've recently hit 2000 miles and I'm easily getting over 300 miles per fill up now, so the Passport is just another idea that was in my head for a blip. I like the CR-V. It could very well be the last new car I ever buy.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Before this thread goes dead, could someone answer post #3?

·
Registered
486 Posts
crv383 said:
Yes, little easier due to height. As to the OP comments/regrets, we swapped out several CRV's at year end for PP Touring models which ended up priced almost identically to 2019 CRV Touring but with much more tech and handy power folding mirrors to ease parking.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I've passed (sorry, couldn't help myself!) on several vehicles because of bumping my head getting in or out, or how close the ceiling was when I was sitting in the drivers seat.

The only way to know is to go sit in one at your local Honda dealer. :)

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I was hoping someone could save me the trip. Cars.com shows the Passport at 5.5" taller than the CRV.......I was wondering if the seats were 5.5" higher as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts