Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Considering a purchase of 2019 CRV LX FWD.. Here is the breakdown.. 7% tax. This was the lowest price I got from 4-5 dealership..

Market Value Selling Price 25,395.00
Discount 4,500.00
Adjusted Price 20,895.00
Adds 795.00
Total Purchase 21,690.00
Taxable Fees (Estimated) 160.00
Doc Fee 699.00
GATAVT 1,652.00
Non Tax Fees 47.00
Cash Deposit .00
Balance 24,248.00

First off, how does this deal compare to others? I don't see many LX models. I haven't asked what the Adds are, but it's still the lowest price. I figure car mats, etc..

I decided I wanted this model because of the Turbo 1.5 oil dulution issue.. Couple of questions for the pros..

The 2020 model has the safety package included on the base model, but the 1.5 engine is standard, perhaps all the issues the turbo have been resolved..

One dealer said the 2020 models are coming in two weeks, one said they don't know, another said 3-4 months. What's the truth?

I didn't see MSRP on the 2020 models, do I wait around and see what kind of deal I can get since it has the safety package or is good discounting on a new one unlikely?

Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You need to know what the "Adds" include.
And what do you mean by "safety package"?

I ran a 2019 LX FWD through the TrueCar website and it says the "TruePrice" from my local Honda dealer is $24,606 (plus taxes and fees).

Since the 2020 models aren't available yet, Honda hasn't announced the MSRP.
But you can estimate what it will be, based one past years.
According to KBB:

2018 CR-V LX MSRP was $25,000
2019 CR-V LX MSRP was $25,345

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hey All, Considering a purchase of 2019 CRV LX FWD.. Here is the breakdown.. 7% tax. This was the lowest price I got from 4-5 dealership..

Market Value Selling Price25,395.00
Discount4,500.00
Adjusted Price20,895.00
Adds795.00
Total Purchase21,690.00
Taxable Fees (Estimated)160.00
Doc Fee699.00
GATAVT1,652.00
Non Tax Fees47.00
Cash Deposit.00
Balance24,248.00

First off, how does this deal compare to others? I don't see many LX models. I haven't asked what the Adds are, but it's still the lowest price. I figure car mats, etc..

I decided I wanted this model because of the Turbo 1.5 oil dulution issue.. Couple of questions for the pros..

The 2020 model has the safety package included on the base model, but the 1.5 engine is standard, perhaps all the issues the turbo have been resolved..

One dealer said the 2020 models are coming in two weeks, one said they don't know, another said 3-4 months. What's the truth?

I didn't see MSRP on the 2020 models, do I wait around and see what kind of deal I can get since it has the safety package or is good discounting on a new one unlikely?

Thanks.

Greg
The 2.4L engines in the gen5 LX have been known to have oil dilution issues as well.. not as frequent. Honda updated the software on the 1.5Ts to correct engines not coming up to temperature in cold weather states (the main, but not only, cause of abnormal oil rise in the engine). This next winter will be the real test I think on the fix. If you are not in a cold weather state, your odds of having the issue are relatively low it appears.

The 3-4 months stated by one dealer is likely for the Hybrid (which is offered on the LX trim as well) ... as they are rumored to hit dealer floors around Feburary. I imagine the non-hybrids will be showing up at the dealers any time now.. since it is almost November.

I agree with racoon.. you will likely only see a very modest bump in price on the 2020s, save for the hybrid which likely will be ~ $1500 more (and is available on all trim levels). So if you want the hybrid in an LX.. you can get that.. for the additional add in price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2.4L engines in the gen5 LX have been known to have oil dilution issues as well.. not as frequent. Honda updated the software on the 1.5Ts to correct engines not coming up to temperature in cold weather states (the main, but not only, cause of abnormal oil rise in the engine). This next winter will be the real test I think on the fix. If you are not in a cold weather state, your odds of having the issue are relatively low it appears.

The 3-4 months stated by one dealer is likely for the Hybrid (which is offered on the LX trim as well) ... as they are rumored to hit dealer floors around Feburary. I imagine the non-hybrids will be showing up at the dealers any time now.. since it is almost November.

I agree with racoon.. you will likely only see a very modest bump in price on the 2020s, save for the hybrid which likely will be ~ $1500 more (and is available on all trim levels). So if you want the hybrid in an LX.. you can get that.. for the additional add in price.
I would probably just get the standard LX and not the hybrid. First gen, no thanks and also insurance costs on Hybrid models is ridiculous.. I'm just wondering if i'm saving 4k off MSRP if it's only gonna be 1K off on the new models for example..

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Just get the 2019 LX since it is heavily discounted. Save some coin and enjoy the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts