Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased 2019 LX AWD and did not realize at the time that it was the smaller screen and no android auto capabilities.
OEM infotainment unit for all other models have this capability. friend of mine is selling his unit, 39101-TLA-A11 from his ex-l which does have the capabilities i want but some parts web sites say it will not fit my LX vehicle.
Can anyone confirm if it is or is not compatible, and if not, why not?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
795 Posts
You have different harnesses to input into the radios.
If you go on ebay you can see the backs of the unit.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
No, you cannot fit an EX-and-up unit into an LX. Even if you can get it to physically fit, there are a lot of things that an EX expects to see that you don't have, like a bunch of different driver-assist features, proximity unlock, different controls, different climate controls, an electronic instrument panel, etc. (Not to mention the different speaker setup.) It's possible the unit can be re-programmed, but not by you.

I'm curious what your friend intends to do about all the touchscreen-controlled non-entertainment functions when he replaces his stereo with an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it's mostly looking for signals that mine will not have? Also wiring of course.
Does anyone know of a wiring schematic available online for the lx and ex units?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Easier and cheaper to have bought a higher grade/spec CR-V, no?
Meh; you can get a decent aftermarket stereo (for the LX) for way less than the price delta between the LX and EX. Frankly, I wish the LX stereo would have been an option with my EX-L. (Because aftermarket stereos are way better than the crappy Honda unit, and aftermarket really isn't an option with the EX.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very satisfied with my LX radio. But, primarily listen to AM and pandora or music from my iphone using bluetooth.
i'm in the same boat. I bought a 2017 LX recently. I needed a commuter car as my commute went from 1200 miles/year to 1200 miles/month and the Silverado lease would be over/maxed out/poor mpg. I use bluetooth and my existing accounts for Sirius XM and Pandora thru my Android phone. I will say the aftermarket radio referenced above is tempting. I don't have the added cash right now,and the phone workaround gets me everything I need including nav,talk radio, and music.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Willie79 Having an LX, you can also opt to go aftermarket. This guy also has an LX like you, and that is what he opted to do:
I have completed this head unit change and im more than happy with it. It's nice being able to use my phone data and connect to the headunit. Using the android auto app on the headunit looks nicer then using it through my samsung s9. Install was easy. It took longer to setup the software then install.

Even with the stock speakers(upgrade soon) the sound from the headunit is much improved. It was well worth the investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have completed this head unit change and im more than happy with it. It's nice being able to use my phone data and connect to the headunit. Using the android auto app on the headunit looks nicer then using it through my samsung s9. Install was easy. It took longer to setup the software then install.

Even with the stock speakers(upgrade soon) the sound from the headunit is much improved. It was well worth the investment.
Nice! Glad it worked out for you! I've got a '17 Touring model, and was looking at this as well, but I'm worried that it won't work with the integrated climate control, etc. :unsure:

Sadly, there is just not many folks with Touring models and have installed this unit that have done videos showing it works with everything on the Touring model specifically, so I've held off. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have attached pics of the climate control mini window that pops up each time I use the climate controls.

If you do purchase and install i can give you the headunit settings I am using to make everything work correctly.(y) I had some back and forth with the manufacturer and he was very helpful. I'm all setup now :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have attached pics of the climate control mini window that pops up each time I use the climate controls.

If you do purchase and install i can give you the headunit settings I am using to make everything work correctly.(y) I had some back and forth with the manufacturer and he was very helpful. I'm all setup now :cool:
Is yours the touring version with the factory amp? Does this headunit connect to the factory amp? Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts

That is great, thanks! I am going to order the unit as soon as shipments start clearing out of China. Could you please PM me the settings you have for your unit for it to work? Excited to get this unit installed! 😃

·
Registered
708 Posts
Meh; you can get a decent aftermarket stereo (for the LX) for way less than the price delta between the LX and EX. Frankly, I wish the LX stereo would have been an option with my EX-L. (Because aftermarket stereos are way better than the crappy Honda unit, and aftermarket really isn't an option with the EX.)
Being in the UK, I have no idea about the pricing schisms operating in the USA.

Beyond the stereo, a higher grade/trim car will also have other added features, some which like this case with the stereo, cannot be retrofitted.

I'd always opt for the highest trim possible, wherever possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts