Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The manual mentions that the max load is 850 pounds.
So if you have two people in the car totaling 300 pounds - you can still put 550 pounds in the trunk.
If the manual says you can put 550 in the back as cargo weight then I assume that is more than enough for most users no?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,906 Posts
The manual mentions that the max load is 850 pounds.
So if you have two people in the car totaling 300 pounds - you can still put 550 pounds in the trunk.
If the manual says you can put 550 in the back as cargo weight then I assume that is more than enough for most users no?
That does not answer the question asked though. The OP wants to know how much weight the floor cover that acts as cargo floor and spare tire cover will hold.

I checked the owners manual and there is no specific reference as to a floor load limit for the cargo area that I could find. There might be a label on the floor board itself (on the underside perhaps).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I've looked on the under side and called the local Honda dealer, no luck.... however he did quote me that it cost $257.68 if I broke it. No way do I want to replace that.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,906 Posts
No, I've looked on the under side and called the local Honda dealer, no luck.... however he did quote me that it cost $257.68 if I broke it. No way do I want to replace that.
yeee gads! over $200 for a piece of carpeted particle board cut to fit! Yeah.. I would not want to break it either.

I read somewherethe shelf has a max weight of 100kg
Empirically... that sounds about right based on inspection of the piece.

I think the main concern is if you drop something with a high pressure point on it onto the cargo floor cover... it could crack it with way less weight then 100Kg (220lbs). Like letting say a file cabinet corner drop onto.. whereas sliding it in carefully would allow it to take the full weight and distribute it. Personally, I always put down a thick layer of blankets before loading anything heavy into the cargo areas... which also allows you to slide said item into the cargo area from the edge of the hatch opening as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a second trunk floorboard to mount my aftermarket amplifier. You can have both floorboards installed and still have 3-4" of room between them. It was a great solution and it also doubles as a neat storage area.

In regards to max weight, it really depends on the size of the object and where it's applying pressure. The manual might give guidance but a lead brick in the middle (where there is no support) is obviously different than something that would span the entire trunk area.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,017 Posts
Guidelines on pg 104 does not offer the trays weight or stress. And well would not start loading more then it can hold. because that is going to be something that Honda should have correctly marked it but we all know they missed it Lol

Why I loved my picknic table stressed that out with a few hundred pouns at least care t osee it. my memory of my 2002 crv

HONDA AUTOMOTIVE PARTS
Lid Assembly, Cargo Floor *NH1119L* (Np Std Black) HondaAutomotiveParts.com

Majestic Parts has been serving the Honda community for more than 40 years. We bring the same knowledge and experience that has made us one of the most-trusted car dealers in New England to our online parts and accessories store. We offer a wide selection of OEM Honda parts, each manufactured to the same exacting standards that make Honda the most exciting car brand on the market and available from our online store at the best prices you’ll find. All our parts are backed by a 12-month warranty.

HONDA
Lid Assembly, Cargo Floor *NH1119L* (Np Std Black)

We have any OEM Honda part you need at a reasonable price, so you can have your car working as it’s supposed to at 100%.

That’s why we carry a wide selection of Honda parts, including 2017 Honda CR-V 5-DOOR 84520-TLA-A01ZB

Honda

·
Registered
17 Posts
Newbie here,
Well mine just broke (2019). Had 4 20# full propane tanks loaded in the back. I am surprised how flimsy some of these parts are. I had to replace the center arm rest already—that thing broke (dog stepped on it).

Have anyone replaced the cargo lid with actual wood that can hold reasonable weight? Aftermarket?Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read somewherethe shelf has a max weight of 100kg
I broke mine about 6 months ago. I had a 400 lb pellet stove on it on the high setting. Still need to replace it. Though I now use it flipped upside down and it’s fairly rigid, but is quite a bit more slick since it isn't carpeted on the underside.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
792 Posts
I carry as much as 450 pounds on top of the cargo cover. It sags a little bit but it hasn't cracked of collapsed (so far).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts