Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange happenings with my '19 LX. I guess by design, the doors are supposed to lock on their own after a period of time (which I hate!), and according to Honda, there is only a temporary disable for this "feature", not a permanent one. The problem is, sometimes they don't lock on their own, sometimes they do! What the? A bigger problem is, twice now, all 4 windows rolled down while I was away from the vehicle. Is anyone else having these weird electrical issues? I wanted to get as much information as I could before I took it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Strange happenings with my '19 LX. I guess by design, the doors are supposed to lock on their own after a period of time (which I hate!), and according to Honda, there is only a temporary disable for this "feature", not a permanent one. The problem is, sometimes they don't lock on their own, sometimes they do! What the? A bigger problem is, twice now, all 4 windows rolled down while I was away from the vehicle. Is anyone else having these weird electrical issues? I wanted to get as much information as I could before I took it to the dealer.
Not sure about the lock issue. On the higher trims you can enable or disable on the headunit.

As for the rolldown issue, it's typically an issue with keys in your pocket activating the roll down feature on the key FOB. Only fix for that is to be more careful, or get a key FOB cover.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The car will lock the doors when the key fob unlock button is pressed and none of the doors are opened after 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V Touring FWD
125 Posts
This is from a 2020 Owners Manual but I would imagine the 2019 is the same. Auto lock can be turned of in Vehicle Settings.

Auto Door Lock Changes the setting for when the doors automatically lock.
  1. With Vehicle Speed
  2. Shift from P
  3. OFF

·
Registered
719 Posts
As if often said on here, read your manual. All kinds of goodies and info in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read the manual - nothing helpful. That's why I called Honda customer service. After being on the phone with them for 20 minutes, they finally determined that on the LX, there is no way to permanently disable the auto lock "feature".

Regarding the other posts, looks like that all pertains to EX and above. The LX is kind of an orphan I am finding out.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah it's the base model so that Honda can advertise a low price that almost no one ever gets but it makes them look good and gets people in the showroom. Amazing all the extra goodies you get by going up one trim level but they don't tell you that. Or, they'll use the LX as a bait and switch tactic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Amazing all the extra goodies you get by going up one trim level but they don't tell you that. Or, they'll use the LX as a bait and switch tactic.
Yeah goodies like an engine more prone to oil dilution and for 2020 add start/stop technology.

No thanks. As basic as possible for me please.

Glad I got the 2.4l LX before it was discontinued.

And I'm sure the LX out sells the other trims.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah goodies like an engine more prone to oil dilution and for 2020 add start/stop technology.

This is from Autotrader.com. Got an actual source saying the LX is the top seller?

Autotrader CR-V

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
30 Posts
This reminds of the 90s when I bought my first new car. It was the cheapest Chevy Cavalier they sold at the time that didn't have power windows, no power locks, no radio or speakers and not even an antenna and certainly, no AC. I would never own a car today without those basic features and certainly do not regret buying my EX-L CRV. The features are exactly what I wanted and more.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah I miss the good old days when you could order a car with options that you wanted, just like looking at a menu. I get that it cuts costs to package things into certain trim levels but doesn't help the buyer to get exactly what they want.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

This reminds of the 90s when I bought my first new car. It was the cheapest Chevy Cavalier they sold at the time that didn't have power windows, no power locks, no radio or speakers and not even an antenna and certainly, no AC. I would never own a car today without those basic features and certainly do not regret buying my EX-L CRV. The features are exactly what I wanted and more.
Had a base, no option, manual Cobalt. But even those had AC and CD/MP3

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
30 Posts
Had a base, no option, manual Cobalt. But even those had AC and CD/MP3
The early 90s were a much different time though. Car manufacturers were trying all sorts of different things to get people to buy cars at lower prices, and for Chevy, this meant a stripped down car for under $10,000.

I owned several Cobalts in the 2000s, a 2006 SS Supercharged, a 2008 and a 2009, all came with power everything and CD except the 2008 which was a base model with crank up windows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts