Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a WeatherTech cargo liner and just tested it. It stows nicely beneath the cargo deck when it is in the upper position. Very impressive engineering that went into the design of this part of the car.

Back to the original question, what do you mean by "rear corners"? I think both the OEM and WeatherTech designs have a raised lip around the perimeter.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Anyone know of a one piece cargo liner that completely covers (including rear corners) for a 2019 Touring? Thanks.
The challenge with having corners covered is that you need to make a choice of cargo floor board in the upper or lower position.

Personally, I simply ignored the two corner areas and went with a straight cargo floor liner with high edges (to deal with any spills that might occur) and left the two corners uncovered. I only store my lithium jump starter and my tire inflator in those corners. This is the one I want with and have been very pleased with it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K625NB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I liked this one because it can in fact be used in both the upper and lower floor positions, though it is designed best for lower floor position where it fits well into the recessed area.

That said.. .you will find some that also cover the corners on Amazon, but they tend to have issues (won't work well in the upper floor position, or lack high beveled edges to catch any liquids, etc). Be careful though... because there are a whole bunch of them now being imported from China and while the prices are very low, I doubt the quality and durability is present. Personally, I would stick to the handful of US makers (OEM, Weathertech, Maxliner, Smartliner).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a WeatherTech cargo liner and just tested it. It stows nicely beneath the cargo deck when it is in the upper position. Very impressive engineering that went into the design of this part of the car.

Back to the original question, what do you mean by "rear corners"? I think both the OEM and WeatherTech designs have a raised lip around the perimeter.
The area behind both wheel wells

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any of you have a organizer in the trunk? I like to always keep certain supplies with me if necessary. I got the default Honda organizer but I'm unimpressed.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Any of you have a organizer in the trunk? I like to always keep certain supplies with me if necessary. I got the default Honda organizer but I'm unimpressed.
Yeah... the Honda organizer did not impress me either when I looked at one at the dealer.. so I passed.

I have a pair of foldable plastic cargo crates from Costco, and an after market cargo net purchased from Amazon. Works well for my range of needs.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Thanks for the link but many of the Amazon reviews are concerning
As an Amazon Prime customer who has been buying from Amazon for years... I think you need to take reviews with a little grain of salt. Just like in this forum.. you will get reviewers who get really bent about small things, and you also get reviews that are not accurate at times as well. Plus.. people who are unhappy about something, or received a defective product tend to hop right on and give a negative review. Happy customers sometimes do not even bother with a review. You also get a lot of false reviews on Amazon, depending on the source of the item being purchased (and these are invariably rosy 5 star reviews).

What I have learned is the following:
1) Look at the aggregate percentage of 4 star and 5 star reviews.. and if they are above 75%, and there are no obvious signs of false reviews (they are pretty easy to spot actually) then the product is generally sound and can be purchased with confidence.
2) Look for patterns in the comments within the review... ie: a consistent report of a shortfall or design issue with a product that is reported by multiple reviewers.
3) Concentrate on careful review of the 3 star ratings first... then read the 4 and 5 star ratings.... as this will give you the most critical and objective feel for a product being sold on Amazon.
4) Disregard one and two star reviews... or if you read them.. read them carefully because often the review has little to do with the product is focused on delivery time, delays, lost packages, etc. Unless you see a very consistent pattern of review or an abnormally high number of low reviews... I really do not take them very seriously.
5) Always buy a product from Amazon that is shipped and sold by Amazon, or fulfilled by Amazon for a 3rd party seller, because Amazon is extremely customer friendly about returns for issues, defects, etc. NEVER by from a 3rd party seller who is also the shipper, as they can be more difficult to deal with, even though Amazon keeps a pretty tight leash on sellers on their site with respect to customer complaints (it's just not worth the possible hassle in my view).

As to the product that was linked that you looked at, it has a solid 80% combined rating of 4 and 5 star. The lower star ratings are evenly distributed, and in you read some of them... I get the feel the buyer either bought something without careful analysis, or is not using the product correctly and per instructions.

I actually bought a sleightly different Max Liner for my CRV, the one without the corner covering, and that may in fact make for a better total fit in the CRV cargo floor. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072K625NB/ref=psdc_318612011_t1_B07D7YJ22M Other then needing to let it sit in the sun for a few hours after unpacking (they ship them rolled up and in a tall narrow box) I have been very pleased with the purchase. No signs of wear, the surface prevents things rolling or sliding around while driving, the edges are nice and high so if a liquid were to ever spill I have no concerns about it jumping the liner and into the cargo floor, and the concern a few owners have expressed about fit are overblown in my personal observation.

Anyway.... ultimately it is your decision to make, but I wanted to give you some objective context about Amazon review characteristics and comment on the Max Liner product specifically. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts