Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought 2019 wheels and I'm putting them on my 2013. Does anyone know how I can get my 2013 tpms sensors to work on the new 2019 wheels? Honda went to an outside sensor on the new model, so 2019 does not have inside the wheel tpms sensors like the 2013.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hello,
I bought 2019 wheels and I'm putting them on my 2013. Does anyone know how I can get my 2013 tpms sensors to work on the new 2019 wheels? Honda went to an outside sensor on the new model, so 2019 does not have inside the wheel tpms sensors like the 2013.
I assume You’d have to remove the tires and have tpms/stem mounted to the wheels.

I sold my oems to a guy with a 4th gen and thats what he said he was doing.

If you bought takeoffs already mounted n balanced it will stink to remove to do all that PLUS run the risk of damaging the sensors

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are taking my old tires off to get to the tpms. I'm having a hard time finding a stem that fits.
Are you suggesting I epoxy them to the new wheels? Perhaps I should buy new sensors.
What are the ramifications of not using the sensors at all?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yes they are taking my old tires off to get to the tpms. I'm having a hard time finding a stem that fits.
Are you suggesting I epoxy them to the new wheels? Perhaps I should buy new sensors.
What are the ramifications of not using the sensors at all?

The tire shop will know the options
You could go aftermarket setup
Or just remove them and pull the fuse/bulb

Not sure if that error shows up on an inspection.
Ive always had my local shops swap them ovee to aftermarket or oem wheels in the past for honda/acuras

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tire shop will know the options
You could go aftermarket setup
Or just remove them and pull the fuse/bulb

Not sure if that error shows up on an inspection.
Ive always had my local shops swap them ovee to aftermarket or oem wheels in the past for honda/acuras
The shop said they have generic TPS @ $30/each. Given the car is 6 years old and the sensors are supposed to last 6-10 years, I went this route. They will install new sensors and I should be good.

I will then post my old wheels and tires for sale, and post some pics of my new setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts