Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

841 - 860 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Continental Cross Contact. I already checked them out on Tirerack.com and they get an ok review. Kind of weak on performance, but good review for quiet ride and comfort.
I got exl hybrid. I got hankook which has very bad reviews for cabin noise and good for only 30k miles

·
Registered
2021 CRV Hybrid Touring - Radiant Red
3 Posts
Tire Rack is a good place to go for reviews. For the small SUV, they show Michelin Premier or Crossclimate. They also give Pirelli Scorpion good reviews. I usually buy tires there and have them delivered to an installer close by. I have always had good luck with Michelins, but have also been pleased with Continental and Pirelli tires over the years.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,328 Posts
I'm sure folks appreciate the tire info, but this topic is for CR-V pricing. Please stay to pricing discussions here, and take tire discussions here: Tires, Wheels, & Suspensions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'd like to share my deal as a return for what I have read and learned from this forum.

2020 CR-V hybrid EX platinum white pearl
Purchased date: Jan 24th, 2021
Dealership: LA Honda World (Downey, CA)

MSRP: $31,480
Cash price: $28,136
Taxes: $2,360
DMV fees: $419
Doc fees: $85
OTD price: $31,000

Add-on: 2-year Honda care sentinel plan, wheel locks, door edge guards and splash guards.

I got 0% APR, $10,000 down-payment and $875/month for 24 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for all the help I received from the forum.

I would highly suggest using truecar to get a good initial written offer. That would help in potential negotiations with other dealers.

I ended up buying from the same dealer who had provided the best initial offer.

2020 CR-V EX-L black
Purchased date: Jan 31st, 2021
Dealership: West Hills Honda (Bremerton, WA)

MSRP: $32,770
Cash price: $28,150
Taxes: $2,857
Doc fees: $150
OTD price: $30,951

Add-on: splash guards, all weather mats, cargo tray, door edge guard

The team at West Hills were really helpful and patient with us as we finished the signing at 12:30AM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to purchase 2020 EXL FWD from a local dealership. The MSRP is 31,270 with a current discount of 2000 off bringing it to 29,270. How much more should I expect to be able to discount off to make a good deal? There a few local dealers with 2020s still on there lots. So would expect some deals to be made. Thanks for your time and advice.

·
The Enforcer
3,771 Posts
Post Moved To Appropriate Section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 CRV EX AWD platinum white
Purchased 02/09/2021

MSRP: $30930
Purchase Price: $27790
Accessories Package:$1249
No GAP
No extra service package
Government Fee: $348
Document Fee : $85
CA Tax:$2253
Military Debate: $500
Dealer asked for $31700

Argued to $30500 OTD
down $18000,
0 finance for 48 months term
260 monthly payment

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in Ohio or nearby state like Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania able to get 4k$ off MSRP on a 2020 EX AWD? Please message me with dealership name, would much appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 CRV Hybrid Touring
Obsidian Blue
No add-ons, no trade-in, cash purchase
Purchased 2/13/2021
MSRP: $37,525 (including dest. fee)
Original asking price: $34,886
Purchase price: $34,500
Document fee: $230
Filing fee (Michigan): $24
Tax (6%), title, plate (Michigan): $2353.24

OTD: $37107.24

They only came down a little from their original asking price, but I didn't play hardball. They had the exact trim level and color I was looking for on their lot and they started at a reasonable price, so I only went one round of negotiation with them via email. I ordered the all weather floor mats, cargo tray, and cargo net from the College Hills Honda website for $272.55.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am looking to purchase 2020 EXL FWD from a local dealership. The MSRP is 31,270 with a current discount of 2000 off bringing it to 29,270. How much more should I expect to be able to discount off to make a good deal? There a few local dealers with 2020s still on there lots. So would expect some deals to be made. Thanks for your time and advice.
Figure it 2 ways. Factory invoice less rebates or dealer incentives and consider changing your approach and OFFER the dealer where you want to be. Many are able to get 15% off MSRP (with destination in that number) by making offers and NOT stepping into the dealer until they agree on a Your acceptable price. I'm shopping now for a 2020 EX FWD and so far have 3 offers (in IL) for 14-14.94% off MSRP. If you make it an easy deal they are more likely to accept a skinny margin to make volume. Trades complicate matters vs. a cash and finance deal but do your due diligence and get a 3rd power offer on your vehicle and make that dealer AT LEAST match that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I would push for another $1000. at least. Just don't be afraid to walk away if its not the deal you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Figure it 2 ways. Factory invoice less rebates or dealer incentives and consider changing your approach and OFFER the dealer where you want to be. Many are able to get 15% off MSRP (with destination in that number) by making offers and NOT stepping into the dealer until they agree on a Your acceptable price. I'm shopping now for a 2020 EX FWD and so far have 3 offers (in IL) for 14-14.94% off MSRP. If you make it an easy deal they are more likely to accept a skinny margin to make volume. Trades complicate matters vs. a cash and finance deal but do your due diligence and get a 3rd power offer on your vehicle and make that dealer AT LEAST match that.
Thanks for sharing your advice. I too was thinking from my research that the 14-15% range is where I want to be. If you can’t get enough off a left over model year it will loose value quickly and soon be a two year old vehicle that you over paid for. Have you had any success dealing with high dealer doc fees as part of the deal? I did see an article where Honda still has a good percentage of its 2020 CR-V builds still on dealers lots. I have only visited one dealership two weeks ago to test drive a CR-V for comparison purposes against a RAV4. We like the CR-V better but no problems going Toyota if deal is better. Also all the 2020 CR-V are still sitting on that lot. With the end of the month coming will see if deal plays out. Again,thank you!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well it's no secret that the last day of the month is always the best day to buy a car. No luck on the DOC fees. They have to show them or someone will scream you had to pay them and they didn't. However, you can negotiate services in place of them. Tell them to throw in some oil change, tire rotation or accessories in lieu of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased:

2021 Hybrid EX-L (AWD)
MSRP with destination included = $34,325
Price Paid = $32,352 (discount of $1,975)

Traded in 2016 Civic EX-T for $13,500 (CarMax was going to pay me $14,500, but trading in would save me in $900 in taxes and more convenient). 0% financing for balance. $2340 Extended Warranty 10 years/100K miles covers most except wear and tear. I got this mostly for the electronics.

Purchased in Minneapolis, MN.

·
Registered
2021 EX FWD / Lunar Silver
1 Posts
Purchased and picked up today in Austin, TX

2021 CR-V EX FWD in Lunar Silver
MSRP-$29,035
Sale price-$27,467

Taxes (TX 6.25%) $1,716.69
Title and local fees $402.08
Out the door $29,585.77

No trade-in.
Dealer also included a cargo tray, rear seatback protector and ceramic tint, I’ll be scheduling the tint job for next week, along with the detailing job. Winter storms meant no water at the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a 2021 CR-V EX AWD this past weekend here in Ohio. We love the car so far.
MSRP $30535
Negotiated it down to $28005

·
Registered
2021 CR-V Hybrid EX-L
2 Posts
Hi folks, paying it forward with more info as this thread helped a ton in our research.

Purchased in Chicago suburbs Feb 2021

2021 CR-V Hybrid EX-L - Obsidian Blue Pearl
MSRP-$33,150
Sale price-$32,900

Out the door $33,577 (including tax, titles, and fees)

The process was extremely easy and we're happy/comfortable with the results.

841 - 860 of 879 Posts