Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased my new CR-V May 13 on May 19 I noticed two shallow dents on driver's side C pillar. Over several weeks more dents have appeared on different days and now dents are on both sides on C pillars only, eleven total to date. There are no scratches or scuff marks around these dents. Rest of the vehicle is in pristine condition. Vehicle has not been hit with hail since I owned it. I got nowhere with the dealership. Also received no help from Honda America HQ and Lithia Motors. Anyone else experiencing these issues please advise.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vehicle is parked in an open area in front of a row of townhomes which all have security cameras. Dents are isolated to only C pillars with no scratches or scuffs marks around them. While out of state for two weeks more dents appeared.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Vehicle is parked in an open area in front of a row of townhomes which all have security cameras. Dents are isolated to only C pillars with no scratches or scuffs marks around them. While out of state for two weeks more dents appeared.
animal flying into it or dropping down on it?

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
And yet you are blaming or wanting the dealer to do something about this??? (n)

Someone or something is clearly vandalizing your vehicle..... even if it were mother nature... it is still post delivery vandalization damage for which your dealer has zero obligation to address free of charge. The very specific location and repeat pattern though says human, not mother nature.

Just because you cannot see any scratches or scuffs means very little. I have dropped a box from a shelf in my garage one time and it hit the C-pillar on my old gen3 CRV and sure enough... put a small dent that looks very much like yours... and absolutely no scratching or marring of the finish. Wrapping a rod in cloth and then rapping the c-pillar would easily cause that sort of denting and it would not take a lot of force either.

The nature of the dents, from the limited photo evidence to me says someone or something is rapping on the top pillar of our vehicle with some object.. most likely rod shaped base on what I can observe, and very likely coated or wrapped in something to confuse you as to cause.

Have you checked with neighbors to see if it is just your vehicle or others are having similar damage? Anyone in the neighborhood that does not like you???

Focus on finding the cause in my opinion then you can identify how to prevent it in the futurem and maybe extract compensation for damages.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me I've been looking at all possible scenarios that's why it's taken me three months to bring this forward. As I mentioned, my home has motion sensor security cameras and I've talked to my neighbors on numerous occasions if they seen any activity around my SUV. When I was out of state for two weeks and more dents appeared it eliminated vandalism. My focus is not compensation it's to get what I paid for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing that needs to be explained are the pictures showing additional dents with different stamps in two different states. As I mentioned to dealership, Honda America HQ and Lithia Motors, "I don't know" doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Do you think that your dealer and Honda should just accept the damage as their fault and replace your vehicle? There's something else going on here. No one else has ever experienced this issue, so it's on you to somehow prove it's their fault. Like I said earlier, it looks just like hail damage. Hail leaves no scuffs, just dents exactly like what you showed. Have you tried your insurance for help?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Like I said earlier, it looks just like hail damage. Hail leaves no scuffs, just dents exactly like what you showed.
The roof and hood would also have dents if that were the case--they are flatter and will dent easier. But yes, very similar.

Cars don't dent themselves. A severe structural defect would show up as buckling, yet I've never even seen that except in the case of a crash. Something pushed those dents into the metal--there is physically no way they are happening from behind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is still no clear-cut reason for these dents occurring. Falling objects or vandalism will not be isolated just to C pillars. In the process of looking for definitive answer.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
An angry spouse/partner, acquaintance? Prankster?

Do you lean on the car when filling the fuel tank? That wouldn't explain both sides.

Somewhat unrelated but funny story. Back in the days of carburetors, a local gas station (when they still dd service work) overhauled a gentleman's carburetor, as he was complaining about poor fuel mileage. After the overhaul, the gentleman was astounded at the huge improvement in fuel mileage, and told all his friends to go there for service work. This great fuel economy went on for several weeks, then he started to notice the fuel mileage was back to the "before" range. It turns out the mechanic had the gentleman's address, and every few days he would go add some gas to his gas tank. The gentleman returned for another overhaul!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts