Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lurker but finally decided to join. This site has been helpful in helping me get a general idea of pricing for the vehicle as well as maintenance (didn't know I had to do rear diff change...first AWD). Looking forward to learning more and contributing.

But I picked up a 2020 CR-V EX-L in Modern Steel Metallic with Gray interior for my wife last month to replace her 2003 Honda Accord EX. Started purchasing accessories before I even got the car so this way I would have it available on day one. Majority of the stuff I have is similar to what I have on my 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
  1. WeatherTech FloorLiners
  2. WeartherTech Side Window Deflectors
  3. AEM DryFlow Air Filter
  4. Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
  5. Fumoto F106SX Oil Drain Valve
  6. Anker Roav S1 Dash Cam (hardwired)
  7. Aftermarket Mud Guards ($18 on eBay)
  8. Tempered Glass for Screen Display ($6 on eBay)
  9. 300mm Broadway Convex Mirror
  10. Dawn Enterprises Rear Bumper Protector ($60)
  11. VLEDs Full Interior LEDs and reverse lights
I don't have much pictures since its nothing out of the ordinary from typical CR-Vs. One thing I don't cheap out on is LEDs. Safety and visibility is a concern for both the driver and others on the road. The Morimoto's are about $100-$120 depending on the deal and well known in the retrofitting world. The VLEDs can cost about $80 for the interior and $70 for the reverse alone. I know people will get whatever is affordable but to each their own. But I'll post pictures of the interior and backup LEDs once I order them.

But I haven't see any posts about the rear bumper protector. I know the bumper is plastic already but its always good to protect it from scuffs especially if you're stepping on it or hauling stuff. 3M tape is used to adhere it to the bumper and it blends pretty darn well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats!

Coming from a 2003 Honda, I bet your wife is a bit overwhelmed -- new features, new tech, new controls. And how about that 675-page Owner's Manual?

Tip: Lots of good info & videos on the Honda Owners website.
Thanks. She's ok with it. Hasn't really driven it much with the coronavirus and being on maternity leave. I set up everything for her but she knows how to navigate what she needs.

My parents also got the CR-V the same time we bought ours and I set it up for them as well. So for them it's a little more than they can handle (coming from a 2002 Odyssey). They got the same color and all the mods are similar. So the cars are like twins except they won't have the full interior LEDs.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,005 Posts
Been a lurker but finally decided to join. This site has been helpful in helping me get a general idea of pricing for the vehicle as well as maintenance (didn't know I had to do rear diff change...first AWD). Looking forward to learning more and contributing.

But I picked up a 2020 CR-V EX-L in Modern Steel Metallic with Gray interior for my wife last month to replace her 2003 Honda Accord EX. Started purchasing accessories before I even got the car so this way I would have it available on day one. Majority of the stuff I have is similar to what I have on my 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
  1. WeatherTech FloorLiners
  2. WeartherTech Side Window Deflectors
  3. AEM DryFlow Air Filter
  4. Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs
  5. Fumoto F106SX Oil Drain Valve
  6. Anker Roav S1 Dash Cam (hardwired)
  7. Aftermarket Mud Guards ($18 on eBay)
  8. Tempered Glass for Screen Display ($6 on eBay)
  9. 300mm Broadway Convex Mirror
  10. Dawn Enterprises Rear Bumper Protector ($60)
  11. VLEDs Full Interior LEDs and reverse lights
I don't have much pictures since its nothing out of the ordinary from typical CR-Vs. One thing I don't cheap out on is LEDs. Safety and visibility is a concern for both the driver and others on the road. The Morimoto's are about $100-$120 depending on the deal and well known in the retrofitting world. The VLEDs can cost about $80 for the interior and $70 for the reverse alone. I know people will get whatever is affordable but to each their own. But I'll post pictures of the interior and backup LEDs once I order them.

But I haven't see any posts about the rear bumper protector. I know the bumper is plastic already but its always good to protect it from scuffs especially if you're stepping on it or hauling stuff. 3M tape is used to adhere it to the bumper and it blends pretty darn well.
View attachment 138257 View attachment 138258
Can you let us know where you got that particular rear bumper guard or the brand/model number? I cannot find any that extend all the way to and over the vertical edge of the bumper like yours does. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you let us know where you got that particular rear bumper guard or the brand/model number? I cannot find any that extend all the way to and over the vertical edge of the bumper like yours does. Thanks!!!
It's Dawn Enterprises RBP-016. You can get it on Amazon for $63. I got mine from www.sportwing.com with no tax, free shipping (I bought 2) and had a 5% discount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts