Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 2020 exL CR-V.
Contemplating adding a speaker box. But I've never done this. Anyone have a wiring diagram or has done this before that can help?
I tried going through the usual YouTube but nothing for the current model.
We also have a 2020 pilot, and I see that the subwoofer is in the back right side of the car. Is this the same for the CR-V??
Thank you :)

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
Recently acquired a 2020 exL CR-V.
Contemplating adding a speaker box. But I've never done this. Anyone have a wiring diagram or has done this before that can help?
I tried going through the usual YouTube but nothing for the current model.
We also have a 2020 pilot, and I see that the subwoofer is in the back right side of the car. Is this the same for the CR-V??
Thank you :)
Yes... subwoofer for gen5 CRV (those trim levels that have one) is in the same basic location as on the Pilot.

From a pragmatic point of view.... it is really the best and only place to locate a subwoofer in any SUV/CUV. That said.. you could certainly add a stand alone boxed subwoofer and just leave in the cargo area as well. The rear cargo area is a great subwoofer cavity to let it do what it is designed to do, and not cause any rattling or other cabin interior noises.

There are plenty of examples of gen5 CRV sound system upgrades, both here in this forum as well as across the internet. Example: This guy had professionals do a serious upgrade to his stock 2018 Touring:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts