Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice .

Got a brand new 2020 CR-V. Couple of days later there was a rattling noise coming from the front end drivers side usually when turning the steering wheel. Brought the car in and 4 days later they said it was the transmission mount and the part is on back order till September.

They said the car is still driveable but i requested a loaner as I don't want to risk damaging the car any further.

Anyone know how the transmission mount could cause a noise only when turning the steering wheel?

Should I be concerned of any ongoing issues?

Located in ontario.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,129 Posts
There have been a bunch of 2020’s with trans mount issues.
Should be a recall soon

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
There have been a bunch of 2020’s with trans mount issues.
Should be a recall soon
Just to be clear, this is one person's opinion...

Unless you have some inside info?

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,449 Posts
Just to be clear, this is one person's opinion...

Unless you have some inside info?
Agreed. It is NOT a safety issue (per multiple dealers), so there will not be a formal recall. Instead, once Honda has finished researching how these escaped to the field, and what VIN range is affected, they will issue a TSB and send letters out to owners to initiate a replacement campaign.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Looking for advice .

Got a brand new 2020 CR-V. Couple of days later there was a rattling noise coming from the front end drivers side usually when turning the steering wheel. Brought the car in and 4 days later they said it was the transmission mount and the part is on back order till September.

They said the car is still driveable but i requested a loaner as I don't want to risk damaging the car any further.

Anyone know how the transmission mount could cause a noise only when turning the steering wheel?

Should I be concerned of any ongoing issues?

Located in ontario.
You have what is shaping up to be the common manufacturing escape defect for the 2020s... bad transmission mounts.

There is not a lot of specific information on what is wrong with the mounts.... but I have heard that there is a defect that creates a harmonic in the mount.. which in turn results in noise coupling into the cabin.

So.. go to your dealer, let them know about your concern and let them know you have read credible feedback from other owners who have had their 2020s in the shop for the same issue.. and that the determination was --> bad transmission mount.

If your dealer tries to straight arm you on this... open a case with Honda corporate and get it escalated for resolution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have what is shaping up to be the common manufacturing escape defect for the 2020s... bad transmission mounts.

There is not a lot of specific information on what is wrong with the mounts.... but I have heard that there is a defect that creates a harmonic in the mount.. which in turn results in noise coupling into the cabin.

So.. go to your dealer, let them know about your concern and let them know you have read credible feedback from other owners who have had their 2020s in the shop for the same issue.. and that the determination was --> bad transmission mount.

If your dealer tries to straight arm you on this... open a case with Honda corporate and get it escalated for resolution.
Thanks for the info.

I haven’t received any grief yet. They diagnosed it as a bad trans mount and will be replacing it in September when the part arrives. In the meantime they’ve given me a civic which will be a CRv tomorrow until it is fixed.

i guess that’s all I can ask for at this point. I’ve never purchased a car that has had immediate issues before. So I’m just a bit concerned

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I haven’t received any grief yet. They diagnosed it as a bad trans mount and will be replacing it in September when the part arrives. In the meantime they’ve given me a civic which will be a CRv tomorrow until it is fixed.

i guess that’s all I can ask for at this point. I’ve never purchased a car that has had immediate issues before. So I’m just a bit concerned
Personally, I don't sweat early issues like this. That is afterall what the 3/36 factory warranty is all about. :)

If you look up the reliability data across the industry in modern vehicles.. even the best of the best are predicted to have at least one issue per vehicle requiring warranty service. And for Honda... the number is 1.5... about in the middle of the pack across all brands and models.. and that is an aggregate across the entire Honda brand.

I myself had an actual safety recall on my 2017 CRV just about 30 days after I took delivery. The issue was a specific range of VINs at the Ontario Factory "may" have had fuel feed pipes improperly installed. The recall was to replace the fuel feed pipe assembly completely... which to me sounds like someone did not follow instructions for install correctly and may have damaged the pipe in the process. Anyway... called the dealer, made an appointment, they performed the recall, and off I went. CRVs been great ever since. :)

By the way.. the safety recall on my 2017... and a limited number of others --> the only safety recall to date on the gen-5 CRV. There have been a number of service campaigns (TSBs) to fix some issues.. like the premature breaking of the shifter button (now resolved)... but so far... only one actual NHTSA recall.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Just joined 7 days ago with the SAME issue. Took 4 visits and then a call to the service manager to FINALLY figure out what it was. Does it sound like this?
or this
Those are two videos I posted.
They said it was a transmission mount, mainly harmonic effect, ok to drive. They didn't give me the info that the part would take so long.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just joined 7 days ago with the SAME issue. Took 4 visits and then a call to the service manager to FINALLY figure out what it was.

They said it was a transmission mount, mainly harmonic effect, ok to drive. They didn't give me the info that the part would take so long.
Catty, when time permits could you provide the build date of your CRV ? Thx !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts