Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem with the SatNav volume in the 2020 model. Even after increasing to the maximum the sound level is still so low that it is almost impossible to hear clearly when talking to occupants/listening to radio/driving above 60mph. Honda UK deny there is a problem but my dealer is aware of other owners having the same complaint and agrees there is a problem. HELP ! I need to hear from other owners to strengthen my case.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
Sorry if this sounds silly, but when you say you have increased the volume, have you changed the settings via the audio setting too, which allows you to temper the volume against exterior road noise?

Reactions: JOYCE44

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for response.
Not quite sure I understand exactly what you suggest - but this is the story so far. Does your proposal differ?
The technical director at the dealership has done whatever possible within the system. Usually on a test drive you assume the low volume is adjustable. My new car arrived Feb 2020. It does not go any higher than the top setting. Honda UK say the setting is the same as the previous model. Told them that my wife has a 2018 CR-V (previous model !!) and the volume is perfect. Honda UK not responded to that yet.
I appreciate your assistance and was also hoping I may hear from other owners of this latest model that may be having the same problem as more evidence to send to Honda UK.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
Belting down with rain, but tomorrow, I will go in and have a look at my audio/sat nav settings and take some pics and see whether they are the same functions as yours.

I assume that they would be. Hopefully its something simple like a setting that needs altering.

Please do get up some pics/share details of your new CR-V Hybrid too (y)

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the SatNav volume in the 2020 model. Even after increasing to the maximum the sound level is still so low that it is almost impossible to hear clearly when talking to occupants/listening to radio/driving above 60mph. Honda UK deny there is a problem but my dealer is aware of other owners having the same complaint and agrees there is a problem. HELP ! I need to hear from other owners to strengthen my case.
pop in a quick trip.
When the navi speaks a direction instruction quickly turn the volume knob and see if that fixes it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THX. However - have gone through the process at Honda dealers and they have done the 'tapping up' the volume when the sat nav voice is speaking. Right up to max and still so quiet. It is not just my hearing as younger family members say the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Belting down with rain, but tomorrow, I will go in and have a look at my audio/sat nav settings and take some pics and see whether they are the same functions as yours.

I assume that they would be. Hopefully its something simple like a setting that needs altering.

Please do get up some pics/share details of your new CR-V Hybrid too (y)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No pics at present but follow this link
for a real lengthy in depth road test.
The test car is an EX auto version like mine. There are other less technical tests you can Google - BUT - all of them are not running with radios/children on board and none of them have the satnav operating during the tests !!!
Mine is black with tan upholstery and running boards and we are otherwise delighted with the car in every way. But it has got to the point that if we go on a family trip where we need satnav then (especially in the dark and/or rain) we go in my wife's 2 year old regular CR-v. Not a good advert for Honda along with their reluctance to address what surely should be a software upgrade possibility? Better to be louder and then turn down if required. So frustrating.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Well, we'll just nominate you an honorary Texan then!!! Being a retired truck driver, I know all these places well. My '07 does not have Sat/Nav, but I am planning an audio upgrade that will include a new aftermarket head unit. However, I have Sat/Nav in my head, as I've already been everywhere I ever plan to go in the future! Still, I do have the Google Maps on my phone if I need it, though that's mostly for traffic. My plan is to get an aftermarket head unit that has Android Auto for that, and music capability, as I have about 2,500 albums of high rez mp3's, so I will never run out of music! My phone has a 200 Gb card in it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, we'll just nominate you an honorary Texan then!!! Being a retired truck driver, I know all these places well. My '07 does not have Sat/Nav, but I am planning an audio upgrade that will include a new aftermarket head unit. However, I have Sat/Nav in my head, as I've already been everywhere I ever plan to go in the future! Still, I do have the Google Maps on my phone if I need it, though that's mostly for traffic. My plan is to get an aftermarket head unit that has Android Auto for that, and music capability, as I have about 2,500 albums of high rez mp3's, so I will never run out of music! My phone has a 200 Gb card.

KOOOOOOOooooL.
Just need 2500 CR-V Hybrid 2020 owners to tell me now thatthey have SatNav volume problems !!!! So I can chase Honda UK to resolve my problem.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am going to try mine and report back
I have only tried it once to see if it works I seem to remember it being a bit quite but at the same time I tried Android auto
and tried google maps and waze
Have you tried Android auto?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes your right the sound is to quite
but the apps on android are much louder
THX. We do not use a smart phone but my grandson is going to plug his in tomorrow as the car has Apple play.
If his phone satnav works/links and is loud enough then that is probably what people are happier doing rather than using the inbuilt Garmin and don't even know there is a problem ??

Your car looks good in red !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THX again.

Let's hope it gets some 'traction' if all readers of this thread get on board and check out the inbuilt system.
If you have been able to read all my earlier responses going right back to 'Dark Knight and BoostedV) you will see I have been corresponding unsuccessfully with Honda UK - even though my local dealership is now on my side with other cases they know about. . Unfortunately this Lockdown is causing things to grind to a halt for now.
Did you watch the long technical road test of the white model in the link I included earlier?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THX again.

Let's hope it gets some 'traction' if all readers of this thread get on board and check out the inbuilt system.
If you have been able to read all my earlier responses going right back to 'Dark Knight and BoostedV) you will see I have been corresponding unsuccessfully with Honda UK - even though my local dealership is now on my side with other cases they know about. . Unfortunately this Lockdown is causing things to grind to a halt for now.
Did you watch the long technical road test of the white model in the link I included earlier?
By the way my name is John. I just entered as Joyce because she was nagging me to widen the problem somehow !!!

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,157 Posts
@JOYCE44

Apologies for the delayed reply.

In the "Settings" page, have you adjusted the volume here as show in the two pics?

Alternatively, do a hard reboot of the entire systm by holding down the power button. Below is a video for you too from YouTube. Let us know how you get on:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my Hybrid for just over a year now. I raised this low guidance volume issue shortly after taking ownership. I initially reported it to the dealer and took the service manager out for a demonstration. He admitted that it was lower than on previous models but he could hear it. His test was at 30 mph down quiet lanes.Driving 70mph on UK motorways it is totally inaudible - even worse on French & Italian motorways ay 130kpm. They contacted Honda UK support who took the service dept through a number of maintenace/setup check (I had alrady done that) and concluded that the system was working "as designed" even though it functioned totally different from the previous CRVs models I had.Honda UK basically washed their hands of the problem and suggested that I contact the UK Motoring Ombudsman - which I have not donne. So good luck solving the problem and please keep us updated of any progress. When I took the car in for its belated yearly service, bothe the service and sales managers admitted that they have had several reports from other clients about the same problem - the sales manager's company car also exhibited the same problem but he wasn't worried as he rarely used the sat-nav.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.