Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... first time poster. Here’s my wishlist for the 2020 refresh.

Elite Trim
-venelated seats
-wireless charger
-power fold mirrors
-Heads up display

Other additional features for non-elite
-panoramic sunroof
-additional colors
-LED fog lights

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Bring back the 2.4L across the whole model lineup. ;)

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
Bring back the 2.4L across the whole model lineup. ;)
Yeah... that's not going to happen. Honda is moving toward all hybrids and/or electrics in their long term roadmap. The small 4cyl turbos (1.5 and 2.0) are sort of a transition phase in engines until that time comes.

In response to the original post, while I will likely not buy a new CRV during the next gen (I keep my vehicles for 8-10 years):

I don't want to see panoramic sunroofs. Why? Too susceptible to damage, even thermally induced breakage (even current sunroofs in some vehicles have been known to blow out in very hot weather while sitting in the sun and the windows sealed).

As for ventilated seats, meh.... I put sheepskin seat covers on my seats so it's a waste for me, as is the current heated seats in my Touring (never ever used them).

I would like to see a nice efficient hybrid powertrain become common in all the Honda vehicles, so that would be high on my list. Allegedly one is coming as a mid-life refresh on the current generation.

I would like a more sophisticated software update system that allows the owner to update the systems at home (like how the current generation Accord lets the owner update the head unit software now wirelessly from their home).

I want actual buttons for all key features on the head unit (just like they have done with the current generation Accord).

I would like an in dash docking arrangement for smartphones that are connected to Apple CarPlay and it's Android equivalent. It would eliminate cables, and phone mounts etc. of course some thought needs to be put into this in some sort of modular approach where the owner can quickly configure for their particular phone.

I would like to see level 3 driving safety and autonomy systems, but the next gen may be a little early for Honda on this desire. Right now, the CRV is ~ level 1.5ish. Level 3 would enable autonomous driving on clear freeway conditions.

And PLEASE HONDA do not take away the spare tire!! I participate in Hondas customer survey program, and every time they send me a survey.. they ask me if I would be OK with no spare and instead have a tire sealing inflation device. Absolutely NO I tell them each time. Why? Because such a system will not help you if you have a torn or blown tire with road damage or any form of sidewall damage.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,009 Posts
April 20th at the Auto Show maybe the answer is there

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Yeah... that's not going to happen. Honda is moving toward all hybrids and/or electrics in their long term roadmap. The small 4cyl turbos (1.5 and 2.0) are sort of a transition phase in engines until that time comes.

And PLEASE HONDA do not take away the spare tire!!
Spare tire--yes! Most tire failures I've experienced recently on my own cars haven't been of the flat tire variety--they've been of the blowout variety. Or if you're in a dangerous area like where we live, you don't dare stop in some neighborhood with boarded up houses or on a dangerously narrow expressway with people flying past at 80 MPH. You have to find a safe place to stop. Tires get torn up. A stupid bottle of inflatable goop in the trunk isn't going to help anyone. Although if they changed to run-flat tires, that would at least help a person get to safety without destroying the tire.

I don't know if the current Civic's 1.5L has been the epic failure of the current generation of CR-V, but they need to go back to the drawing board on this one. There are millions of K24s out there still running nicely (I have two here myself), they're reliable and proven, and since the current CR-V still uses the 2.4L in their base models, and 2020 is a mid-cycle refresh (not an all new CR-V), they should ditch the 1.5L until they figure out how the fark to make a turbo/DI engine that doesn't dilute the oil, and engines that can provide heat properly in the winter.

And I have never understood why Japan and other parts of the world are getting hybrid models that never get produced here. The Fit apparently had a hybrid option elsewhere that got phenomenal mileage, yet we never saw it. With the gub'mint breathing down our necks about fuel economy here, you'd think they would offer them here. The CR-V has been ripe for a hybrid version here--even Toyota has been doing it. I don't like sitting on a huge battery replacement expense, but I would take that over the current generation's 1.5L engines.

I'm hoping the fuel cells take off, and we can bypass this rechargeable toy car nonsense. It will take time for infrastructure to catch up with hydrogen stations. Some say it's impossible but consider this--back in the early days of automobiles, we did not have gasoline stations on every corner like we do now. They had to start somewhere. :)

My next upgrade won't be a CR-V anyways, so I suppose it's all a moot point to me. ;) (I'm going to one of the Acura SUVs, likely the RDX, or the Passport once used models drop in price.) I'm tired of struggling with a 4-cylinder out in the mountains.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd like to see future US CR-Vs include the features found in Canadian CR-Vs: Heated windshield, accessory power socket in cargo area, heated steering wheel, rear seat heaters, Washer Fluid Low indication, and panoramic roof. I'd also like to see mirror position added to the current seat position memory system, as many have requested.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
Williamsji, how does one participate in this program?
Honda invited me. Maybe because I own multiple Hondas or it might have been requested by my Dealer that I buy all my Hondas from. The Dealer is outstanding, and they know I am a repeat customer (though I get my vehicles serviced at a closer dealership due to distance).

I'm not sure how you can get yourself on the invite list if not invited.

·
Registered
195 Posts
1. Hybrid, hybrid, hybrid. If it's the same powertrain as the version outside the US, it will have neither turbo nor direct injection (which should avoid the DI problem I had and the oil dilution problem newer owners have)
2. Ventilated seats
3. HUD
4. The infotainment system from the Accord/Odyssey

Give me those four and I am putting my name on the list ASAP.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yes I would really like to see a Hybrid model. I would sell mine at the end of 2020 and get the Hybrid model.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What? Nobody asked for mirrors that move with the seats on the Touring? What a pain it is when we change drivers. And I never even thought to check. Never occurred to me that you could have memory seats without mirrors. As far as engines go, 4,500 miles and so far, so good. No oil dilution issues or heating issues have surfaced.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts