Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So first thing to categorically figure out --> does it only do it while moving down the road, or can you get the noise with it parked..... while tapping with fingers in various places, or by applying the accelerator? Does manually controlling the fan setting in the climate control cause, reduce, or increase the noise (sometimes there is a bad blower that can do this... and you might only notice it under very specific conditions.

If it only happens while moving.. then determine at which speeds it is most prevalent, if any. Next... identify the different road surfaces you may be driving on when you hear it and when you do not.... because the actual road surface makes a huge difference in cabin noise. Smooth fresh pavement..... very quiet. Pavement with tar and stone applied on top... quite noisy due to the pebbling of the surface vs the tires. Concrete freeway with an anti-skid surface to prevent water build up on the concretes surface.... quite noisy.

Note: I am not implying your noise source is simply road noise... it may be or it may not be. But I listened to the audio several times on your video and all I heard was normal road noise.

Good luck :)
One last thing, I have tried to apply pressure when it's happening on the dashboard in every part. It's only happening on the drivers side. Nothing quiets the noise. I originally thought it might be a window issue (they had tint applied at the dealership). I put the window down, noise is still happening. It honestly sounds like it's coming from where the drivers side air conditioner is. I turned off the air to see if that was it, still could hear the noise.

·
Super Moderator
1997 185 2002 EX 2017 EX-L AWD
2,545 Posts
it becomes hard for me to point it out as well on the video to. rather continue to post I'll observe and hope the issue is resolved sooner then later. I bet the noise canceling should help some.

Reactions: Catty33

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
it becomes hard for me to point it out as well on the video to. rather continue to post I'll observe and hope the issue is resolved sooner then later. I bet the noise canceling should help some.
Yes, I understand. Thank you so much for helping. I am hoping next time I catch it to try and get another video. Hoping something gets picked up. The only good thing, the mechanic assured me there wasn't anything seriously wrong. More of an annoyance, but man I would hope this isn't everyone's experience. A little roan noise is one thing.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Given the experience you have had with this one technician, I'd happily venture to another Honda dealership to see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
2,545 Posts
FYI: with me, my Sis tells me, and I then I have to go figure it out. She keeps me on my toes, Lol.

Well this is not a Turbo, correct, LX is the standard Engine? So to me that rules out the rattle that whine, rattle in the engine of the turbo fan. If it is a Turbo hmmm. Now this was not mentioned, the Cat under the car has a shield, that can cause a rattle, ask us gen 2 owners, man I tore that sucker out, and done, well done that was. All kidding aside

No sweat, if I were there I probably be like William.. here going over everything.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
Well this is not a Turbo, correct, LX is the standard Engine?
All 2020s in the US get the 1.5T.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry, just logging on and getting caught up on the messages. A couple of quick comments. 1) LX model 2) Nothing is my car that didn't come with it. Meaning nothing is stored inside my car... NOTHING 3) No garage door opener, no sunglasses. Its seems to be triggered by increased wind / rain. I have tried banging on everything on the dashboard. Nothing stops the noise. I tried putting down the window, doesn't stop it. I drove with the mechanic when I drove it up to the dealership. He said he couldn't hear it. It was happening and my daughter was in the backseat and could hear it.
Mechanics are chosen by the dealers to have bad hearing for this reason.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,129 Posts
One last thing, I have tried to apply pressure when it's happening on the dashboard in every part. It's only happening on the drivers side. Nothing quiets the noise. I originally thought it might be a window issue (they had tint applied at the dealership). I put the window down, noise is still happening. It honestly sounds like it's coming from where the drivers side air conditioner is. I turned off the air to see if that was it, still could hear the noise.
check the shroud by the windshield wipers and the a pillar trims.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
So let me ask the obvious. Has anyone checked the shroud below the engine oil filter area?

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So let me ask the obvious. Has anyone checked the shroud below the engine oil filter area?
I am not 100% sure what they actually checked. I looked over the paperwork from the last visit. Multi-point inspection was preformed. Also says NO open recalls or campaigns. I would assume based on the sheet of the inspection the engine oil was inspected.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I tried to trouble shoot all your suggestions and NOTHING was lessening the noise. This morning I had to run to the store, take a listen to today's video.

I captured the noise on video again. Seems to be a little louder today.

I called the dealership and asked for the service manager. I went over the basics, he asked me to bring it in so he can hear it. Thank goodness I did. After about an hour, a new technician and the manager came out to get me. They finally figured out it was the transmission mounts. They are ordering the parts. Hopefully it will be fixed by Monday. Thank goodness I finally got some answers. Thank you to everyone who helped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's great you are getting it fixed. Just to be accurate, you have a LX model and do you know the build date?. Sticker on the inside of the drivers door

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's great you are getting it fixed. Just to be accurate, you have a LX model and do you know the build date?. Sticker on the inside of the drivers door
CRV-LX 11/'19 (not sure, looks to be Nov. 2019)

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,452 Posts
I tried to trouble shoot all your suggestions and NOTHING was lessening the noise. This morning I had to run to the store, take a listen to today's video.

I captured the noise on video again. Seems to be a little louder today.

I called the dealership and asked for the service manager. I went over the basics, he asked me to bring it in so he can hear it. Thank goodness I did. After about an hour, a new technician and the manager came out to get me. They finally figured out it was the transmission mounts. They are ordering the parts. Hopefully it will be fixed by Monday. Thank goodness I finally got some answers. Thank you to everyone who helped.
Been a few of these issues reported with transmission mounts in 2020s. DarkKnight noted this in post number 6 of this thread..but the sound description by you did not seem familiar to this issue (and could not be heard on your video). :)

Glad they got to the bottom of it.

By the way.. for other owners, dealers have stated the vehicle is safe to drive while you wait for the part to be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2,545 Posts
Congrats. today I grabbed the Sis's car and I heard this rattle, as soon as I put my hand on the center console area the rattle stopped. gues the other tech did not care or not experienced enough, never know they are to only take quota of issues I guess

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
CRV-LX 11/'19 (not sure, looks to be Nov. 2019)
Catty33, on that same label in the door what is the manufacturing site?

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Congrats. today I grabbed the Sis's car and I heard this rattle, as soon as I put my hand on the center console area the rattle stopped. gues the other tech did not care or not experienced enough, never know they are to only take quota of issues I guess
Ugh, sorry to hear you are having issues too. Mine wouldn't silence no matter what pressure you applied to anything on the dash.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts